Sign in to follow this  
Darkside's Callin'

Work truck ABS issue

(EDIT, sorry)  2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 cab & chassis, with shop biult flatbed. 6.0 Automatic. 

having a problem fixing the shop flatbed ABS issue.. started a couple of months ago with a P0040 code.. figured 'Easy fix, swap the hub/sensor'.. swapped it and still same code.. inspected connector by the shock and tightened up the fit of the pins, no help. Cleaned and reseated the connector at the EBCM, no change. Sometimes get sensor data up to 7 mph then it drops off. 

Occasionally the abs will work, then crap back out so pretty sure it's a harness issue, but where to look? ABS wiring runs thru the main harness, and without running new wires  it's hard to really verify .. 

Anyone else have this issue adn find a good fix?

Edited by Darkside's Callin'

My Denali had a ABS issue and it was the circuit board on the abs pump. I guess it's a common problem. I re-soldered 4 pins on the board and no more issues. Might be something to look in to.

9 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

My Denali had a ABS issue and it was the circuit board on the abs pump. I guess it's a common problem. I re-soldered 4 pins on the board and no more issues. Might be something to look in to.

this is the kind of info I was hoping to get... how hard was it to get to the pins to resolder? Assuming the ABS ECMB/pump has to come out of the truck to do it?

8 hours ago, Darkside's Callin' said:

this is the kind of info I was hoping to get... how hard was it to get to the pins to resolder? Assuming the ABS ECMB/pump has to come out of the truck to do it?

Yes it does, but once it's apart it really easy. If I remember correctly, you just have to take controller off the pump and the rest stays on the truck, no bleeding of the system is needed. I found several videos on YouTube about how to fix it but it has been at least 6-7 years since I did it.

cool thank you... will have to run it by the boss, but... 

Still have access to the wrecking yard I used to work at, migth see if they have one with a compatible controller adn just swap it out..

Edited by Darkside's Callin'

probably where the problem lies, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it any more.. finally got the check engine light to stay off though!!!  

Am definitely thinking of pulling a controller at the wrecking yard and swapping it out.