Abbyfireguy

Fuel filters need changing on the 2018 2500

Well, got a little reminder on the way up to my sons place today that my fuel filters need changing. 
Now to source the two filters and getter done next week.

Any advice where to purchase said items for the beast?

I buy mine from Genos.    Where a shirt you are OK to throw away when you are done.   I always seem to soak up 1/2 a filter full of diesel when changing the rear filter.   I hate that one.    

2nd Geno's, the filter dogbone is handy too.DOGBONE FUEL FILTER COMBO WRENCH/WIF SENSOR WRENCH ('13-'18, 6.7L)

Got a deal on the fuel filters,oil filter and 3 jugs of synthetic oil from Cummins.

Now to get them all installed,it’s about time for an oil change anyways.

Hopefully Dave has time to squeeze another job into his busy schedule..

Not too thrilled about crawling under the truck in this weather.. 

19 hours ago, Abbyfireguy said:

Got a deal on the fuel filters,oil filter and 3 jugs of synthetic oil from Cummins.

Now to get them all installed,it’s about time for an oil change anyways.

Hopefully Dave has time to squeeze another job into his busy schedule..

Not too thrilled about crawling under the truck in this weather.. 

I actually found replacing the filters on my 2016 was a lot easier than my 2008.  The fuel filter at the rear axle is not difficult to do with the right wrench.  It's just that you will get soaked.  The front filter is easy enough with socket extensions and the correct size socket.  The oil filter is just a slight pain as it can only be reached through the passenger side wheel well.  Just enough room to get the filter wrench in there and then slip on a ziplock bag after breaking it loose.  Oh, and get the filter plug!  No dripping when removing or installing.

Doug

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Bear said:

I actually found replacing the filters on my 2016 was a lot easier than my 2008.  The fuel filter at the rear axle is not difficult to do with the right wrench.  It's just that you will get soaked.  The front filter is easy enough with socket extensions and the correct size socket.  The oil filter is just a slight pain as it can only be reached through the passenger side wheel well.  Just enough room to get the filter wrench in there and then slip on a ziplock bag after breaking it loose.  Oh, and get the filter plug!  No dripping when removing or installing.

Doug

That filter plug is a must for the oil filter. Crappy location,not my favorite oil change.

The weather looked cold be not frozen and Dave was busy so I gave the front fuel filter a go. 
Wasn’t too bad, didn’t have any spills and the truck started after cycling the key 6 times to fill the filter..

Tomorrow the rear filter.. 

Unless the weather turns worse. They are warning of a wind event tonight. Up to 80 KMH (50 mph) gusts for a few hours.

Hope the power stays on. I might be brewing the coffee on the campstove in the morning!🤓

STEVE.. Ever seen one of the Coleman camp stove “Mr. coffee “ type drip brewers ? 

they work GREAT , well worth the price IMHO

37 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

STEVE.. Ever seen one of the Coleman camp stove “Mr. coffee “ type drip brewers ? 

they work GREAT , well worth the price IMHO

Gonna need a link for this device. 

Empty Heart

39 99 

Amazon

coleman camp stove coffee maker is how I looked it up

sets up like a Mr Coffee and sets over a burner to brew slick as heck 10 cup IIRC

$39.99

i use mine all the time , especially good on dry camping but also works great on RV stove top 

Edited by GTroyer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

Amazon

coleman camp stock coffee maker is how I looked it up

sets up like a Mr Coffee and sets over a burner to brew slick as heck 10 cup IIRC

$39.99

i use mine all the time , especially good on dry camping but also works great on RV stove top 

There will be one of those on my boat next summer 😁

54 minutes ago, Woodenhead said:

There will be one of those on my boat next summer 😁

Now thats a GREAT idea... :)

I have used a Jetboil and a single cup drip for two seasons in the Kenworth for coffee. Works fast and clean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waiting for the wife to take off to her volunteering work and I get access to the garage. 
Still windy here,not my favorite weather issue. Stuff blowing all around or neighborhood.. 

I actually find the new truck easier to work on,the ground clearance is better and I can almost sit up under the back end..

Its the crappy weather and wind that makes outside work not as much fun!

The filters weren’t too bad,, the rear one was a bit awkward but not bad. 
The wind was stupid bad the last two days here. Winds gusting to 80 kph or more.

Oh well, all good here ,at least the power stayed on.

Just gotta change the oil now. Not horribly bad,but that oil filter!!! 
Kind of a pain to get at. Being a contortionist helps!LOL!

Then the truck will be ready for Merritt and the sub zero weather..

Waiting till mid day to change the oil at the warmest part of the day.

At least the wind is not blowing today.

Time to head out to Black Friday sales soon.

More stuff for the Dewalt 20V kit!

10 hours ago, Abbyfireguy said:

Waiting till mid day to change the oil at the warmest part of the day.

At least the wind is not blowing today.

Time to head out to Black Friday sales soon.

More stuff for the Dewalt 20V kit!

Find any deals? Black Friday was a bust here. Hit Ace hardware for the usual 50% off any item under $30 and got a set of channel lock pliers. Home Depot and Lowes had nothing special for 20V Dewalt stuff, just repackaged with phony exasperated “deals”. Farm and ranch store had 15% off everything so I got two pairs of work boots to burn up my $300 allowance at work. 

Nut n bolt bin replenishment time with any item $$$ off coupons at a good hardware like Big R or one that has a good selection of quality nut n bolts 

i need to get a better metric selection , been doing a few here and there , storing in the plastic devider cases with lids for now.