Suprmn

Wanted Built 47RE

Starting this for the long shot chance that someone is selling their truck, or doing some changes where they have a built 47RE that would fit in a 98 4X4 for sale.  

I'll keep an eye out. That's how I got mine and they do come up once in a while.

10 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

I'll keep an eye out. That's how I got mine and they do come up once in a while.

awesome.  Thanks!

If you have a FB account Key an eye on Diesel Pages and the Market place.

I would also contact Mike at Diesel Outfitters, he is also rebuilding transmissions now and might have something in your budget.

You might also watch for people getting ready to trade in trucks.

This is how my deal came about, I reached out and offered cash for the Transmission. Said I would pay the labor on both trucks.

I set up both trucks at Mike's shop he did the Remove and replace in a day.  It's much easier for a shop if both trucks are there.

I'm still in it all said and done about 5K.  But the paperwork for the transmission I have alone was about 9K.  So I figured I'm still about 5K worth of savings overall.

42 minutes ago, C Paul Go said:

You might also watch for people getting ready to trade in trucks.

This is how my deal came about, I reached out and offered cash for the Transmission. Said I would pay the labor on both trucks.

I set up both trucks at Mike's shop he did the Remove and replace in a day.  It's much easier for a shop if both trucks are there.

I'm still in it all said and done about 5K.  But the paperwork for the transmission I have alone was about 9K.  So I figured I'm still about 5K worth of savings overall.

Good Idea.  I would do this for sure if I could get a line on a transmission with a little background to know what I am buying.

• Like 1

I agreed to pay the seller up front.  I paid the labor after it happened like a normal shop bill.  I actually ended up buying the same guys gauge package at the sametime.

Check out this 48RE transmission for $1900 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/hbRQMi3EK0

Title says 48, description says 47.... picture shows 4x but I'm not sure.

Not mine just found it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For me that's a Nope.. I want to know who built it, I want the paperwork to go with it. 

You will still have the expense of the build, but now down time.