HOSS

2014 headlights

Yesterday I got message on my display saying I had a low beam headlight out. The factory lights in my projectors are HIR2/9012 bulbs and after a little reading I found that fairly common 9006 bulbs are a compatible replacement.

However I also read a few articles saying it's not a great idea to try to use 9006 bulbs so I stuck with 9012's I did a lot of shopping and settled on Hikari LED 9012 bulbs.

I absolutely hate being blinded by all the cheap and or not for road use headlights out there now so it was important to me to not be "that guy" so I made sure that the lights where

A. Made for on road use and legal.

B. Not cheap crap that casts light every direction and mostly directly at oncoming traffics drivers.

My first place to look was Lifetime led I know they sell quality parts and they last. They did not however have a 9012 bulb.

I read a lot of reviews and articles on these Hikari lights and everything I read was positive so I found them on Amazon and ordered a set.

They are made for projector lights and are tunable the head rotates to aim the light for a clean cutoff from the projector. I hope they are everything they are as good as they claim.

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-9012, Prime LED 12000lm Cool White 6000K,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R65GZ2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6e5HDbYPBVSHP

Yesterday I got message on my display saying I had a low beam headlight out. The factory lights in my projectors are HIR2/9012 bulbs and after a little reading I found that fairly common 9006 bulbs are a compatible replacement.
However I also read a few articles saying it's not a great idea to try to use 9006 bulbs so I stuck with 9012's I did a lot of shopping and settled on Hikari LED 9012 bulbs.
I absolutely hate being blinded by all the cheap and or not for road use headlights out there now so it was important to me to not be "that guy" so I made sure that the lights where
A. Made for on road use and legal.
B. Not cheap crap that casts light every direction and mostly directly at oncoming traffics drivers.
My first place to look was Lifetime led I know they sell quality parts and they last. They did not however have a 9012 bulb.
I read a lot of reviews and articles on these Hikari lights and everything I read was positive so I found them on Amazon and ordered a set.
They are made for projector lights and are tunable the head rotates to aim the light for a clean cutoff from the projector. I hope they are everything they are as good as they claim.
HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-9012, Prime LED 12000lm Cool White 6000K,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R65GZ2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6e5HDbYPBVSHP

I really want to change over to leds the yellow is terrible. Let me know how you like them!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Watching also

so look at the thread Mark S did about upgrading his old 2018 truck also

Edited by GTroyer

Watching also

so look at the thread Mark S did about upgrading his old 2018 truck also
I did upgrade the high beams just like Mark did but my low beams are a different bulb and I could not do the same swap on them. My high beams are great.

Oh guess is didn’t read Mark S post well , memory said low beams were the same as high beam 

oh well sorry

you can bet I’ll be doing a mod on mine also .. guess I’ll break my own rule of STOCK lol

and like Joe C said a while back changing the pucks out also ... it dusts so bad it’s clear back to the doors . 

The power service ( iirc ) brakes i had Mark S. Install for me are much better than the factory 2018 stock ... my ‘01.5 stope way better than this truck in service brake only stopping .

Edited by GTroyer
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

Oh guess is didn’t read Mark S post well , memory said low beams were the same as high beam 

oh well sorry

you can bet I’ll be doing a mod on mine also .. guess I’ll break my own rule of STOCK lol

and like Joe C said a while back changing the pucks out also ... it dusts so bad it’s clear back to the doors . 

The power service ( iirc ) brakes i had Mark S. Install for me are much better than the factory 2018 stickers ... my ‘01.5 stope way better than this truck in service brake only stopping .

On marks truck they are the same on my 2014 they are different 

16 hours ago, Scotty_ said:

Gary is on the slope of BOMBing 😀  🎢 

He lasted what?  3 days? 

• Like 2

He lasted what?  3 days? 
No he said he was keeping it bone stock.

6 minutes ago, HOSS said:
2 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

He lasted what?  3 days? 

No he said he was keeping it bone stock.

Engine / powertrain will be bone stock to clear up any misunderstanding to you knuckleheads 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Gary I can't add any more reactions today, So just know I was LMAO!

But I do agree the newer trucks make enough power to just drive them. To bad for me I own a 3rd gen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Engine / powertrain will be bone stock to clear up any misunderstanding to you knuckleheads 😏

Don't hate Gary we just all know you too well! 

I installed the new LED's today but I won't know how well they work until morning.

Well so far I am very impressed! The cutoff is very sharp and the light is much brighter than the stock lights and bright white.
When stopped at a light behind a car the cutoff is just below the trunk not lighting up the inside of the car. I just hope these last long enough to make them worth while. Lifetime LED brand lights are a little more expensive but they have a lifetime warranty and these I bought have a two year warranty. Lifetime dies not currently have a HIR2 bulb so that was out.

1968dabc6d47101d1625f16f127a73fb.jpg

• Like 1