BOMBER Board

^ This! I have an HE351 that would make a big difference on that engine. It was gifted to me so I will pass it on for what I have in it ($0) if your interested Adam.

how do ya turn that down? :D thanks Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HOTMOPR said:

how do ya turn that down? :D thanks Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider it done! I will dig it out and send some pics.

• Like 2

I got the fuel pin and spring in. What a difference! Also gave a turn to the power screw. Not sure the purpose of the smoke screw but I left it.. 

• Like 1

I still haven't found that VE Manual but I have everything else sitting here.  Just need to figure out a way to get it up to you.  I'm heading the opposite direction the next 2 weekends.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:23 PM, carl20320 said:

I still haven't found that VE Manual but I have everything else sitting here.  Just need to figure out a way to get it up to you.  I'm heading the opposite direction the next 2 weekends.

I have a .pdf of a VE pump manual.  Gotta be on an old external drive somewhere if I can find it I’d gladly send it your way. 

"Smoke Screw", IIRC, is just a pre-position on the fuel pin to push it down for more fuel until the boost diaphram overrides the spring... More pre-boost fuel, more "Smoke" 

I keep mine set pretty light, but turned the factory pin to max fuel, softer boost spring, Fuel screw in to bring idle up to 850, and adjusted the star wheel down quite a ways (need to bring the star wheel back up some with the softer spring though..) Makes a nice driver, have seen as high as 248.4 RWHP, but it is de-tuned from that some right now.... I like my Getrag gears INSIDE the case..!

• Like 2