I know this is a while back.

How do you like the auto system? I am considering adding a compressor and tank. But I was thinking old school mechanical valves with dumps wired in. I figured I could set loaded height below my empty ride height and effectively keep the bags "empty".

Dave
I also have the air lift setup. I love it we have not had any issue. You will hear it kick on from time to time and usually at startup depending on sitting. I believe it checks every 5 to 15 min the pressure and adjusts.

The controller is nice you can control both or separate. I do not have a tank so the pump does it all. There is also og chuck located on either side just incase of pump failure to air up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, srt6 said:

I also have the air lift setup. I love it we have not had any issue. You will hear it kick on from time to time and usually at startup depending on sitting. I believe it checks every 5 to 15 min the pressure and adjusts.

The controller is nice you can control both or separate. I do not have a tank so the pump does it all. There is also og chuck located on either side just incase of pump failure to air up.

Where did you mount the pump ? I have head of guys using interior space for them. But I don't really like that option. I would prefer to put it under the hood to keep it as high as possible.

Dave

Where did you mount the pump ? I have head of guys using interior space for them. But I don't really like that option. I would prefer to put it under the hood to keep it as high as possible.

Dave
I was lazy. We had it all installed by dave smith when we bought our truck.

It is mounted on the frame under the front of the bed.

Good to know. Thanks!

Dave

Good to know. Thanks!

Dave
Also if/when you purchase one check the instructions I installed firestone similar system on our old dmax. Specifically reccomend not installing in engine bay due to heat.

• Like 1

I have the auto system, that is set up with a seperate compressor.

The nice thing about the auto is you set a pressure ant it maintains that pressure, so slow leaks dont matter.

Next you can have two set points, I use an empty and loaded, so just press one ot two and it goes to that preset.

Are the auto systems pressure based? Or do they use a height control valve? 

I really hate the interface of most of the aftermarket controls. The PacBrake wireless system looks nice. No extra controllers. 

Dave

Are the auto systems pressure based? Or do they use a height control valve? 

I really hate the interface of most of the aftermarket controls. The PacBrake wireless system looks nice. No extra controllers. 

Dave
Pressure based you set the pressure and it maintains. Until the ignition turns off. That's why when you turn on itll usually do a slight adjustment.

I can take a picture of the controller tonight. But it's about the size of a garage door opener and obviously wireless.

Thanks!

Dave

To make mine work with a seperate air system you just replace to air systems air compressor with a 2 way NC 12vdc air valve.

The way the system works is when aire was needed the compressor would turn on till the needed pressure was met.

The stock controller can also control up to 4 individual bags.

Bob, is yours the factory setup?

Dave

4 hours ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

Bob, is yours the factory setup?

Dave

No, it's on a 2018 F450.

Compressor is mounted under the bed, passenger side

10 hours ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

I know this is a while back.

How do you like the auto system? I am considering adding a compressor and tank. But I was thinking old school mechanical valves with dumps wired in. I figured I could set loaded height below my empty ride height and effectively keep the bags "empty".

Dave

Its nice to be able stand away from the truck and push a button to add or remove air till you get the ride height you want. or to remove the camper and just push a button from inside the cab to lower the bags. You always know exactly how much air is in each bag in the cab whenever you want to check it. 

• Like 2