Sign in to follow this  
skyking

2013 DSG Beetle report

Mary is quite pleased with her new TDI. I predicted upper 30's on her mostly rotten commute, and that's what it does. Her old MkIV manual was always around 44 on the same commute, and the level of comfort is worth it in all our opinion. 

It scoots along nicely when needed. 140 HP and 236 ft/LB seems to be plenty for her. The hill holding feature works well on the steep hill climbing in downtown Tacoma. Touch the brake and it holds you there till you give it a decent amount of pedal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skyking said:

have to be in reverse :D

The ebrake works wonders....

Put cookie sheets under the rear tires and set the parking brake....drift away!!!

Change the DSG fluid and filter before the 40k miles...clean electronics are happy electronics!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

Put cookie sheets under the rear tires and set the parking brake....drift away!!!

Change the DSG fluid and filter before the 40k miles...clean electronics are happy electronics!!!

Thanks Robert. I am reading up on the DSG.  We are approaching the 40K service this winter. I priced the parts and will figure out which fuel filter I have, there are two choices in 2013 model year.

We have the complete service records. We got the car from the dealer who sold and serviced it the whole time. So many of these dieselgate cars were shipped all over the country,  have sketchy records, etc. This one is a one owner CPO.

There is a brake fluid flush in there already.

I loved the DSG in my Passat - Once it trained you how to drive again it was pretty smooth! 😂

It only has 40K miles?  Nice!  I didnt have the car long enough to get to 80K miles, Dieselgate made an offer I couldnt refuse.  

30 K when we purchased it.  It has the emissions warranty plus a 2 year unlimited mile warranty with a $50 deductible from the dealer. Everything works, and I hope that any gremlins that it may have will pop up in the next two years.

I've been using liqui moly DSG oil. 5 liters, filter and washer is $75 at German Cascade. Follow the procedure closely.

I ordered up all the service kits for engine and transmission, fuel filter, cabin air, air filter, a mighty vac.

Today I installed the ECS Tuning skid plate. Not mounted as stoutly as the Atlas, but still some peace of mind.