4th gen tow mirrors with light on a 3rd gen

I installed the new lights last night. The puddle lights are WAY brighter than the factory ones. I had the older grey color panel with 2 LED's in that was later changed to a color matched panel with one LED that I understand is a better light,

The ones I bought are a smoked panel that matches the mirrors and have 5 LED's in them and they are very bright. 

The replacement blinker lights are just like the factory pieces but the fit is not quite as good as stock however if you didn't know you wouldn't see it. 

The puddle lights are completely sealed in that clear plastic stuff and the wires are good quality and have heat shrink all the way to the edge of the terminal. Very water tight. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HOSS said:

I installed the new lights last night. The puddle lights are WAY brighter than the factory ones. I had the older grey color panel with 2 LED's in that was later changed to a color matched panel with one LED that I understand is a better light,

The ones I bought are a smoked panel that matches the mirrors and have 5 LED's in them and they are very bright. 

The replacement blinker lights are just like the factory pieces but the fit is not quite as good as stock however if you didn't know you wouldn't see it. 

The puddle lights are completely sealed in that clear plastic stuff and the wires are good quality and have heat shrink all the way to the edge of the terminal. Very water tight. 

You have links to the parts you used? May be useful at a future date as the 4th gens age. 

Dave

• 11 months later...