Well I went up on my roof today to give it a good bath. I was walking around and found some disturbingly soft spots. So it looks like this will be it's last winter and next summer will be a complete tear off and new shearing and new rubber roofing. While I'm at it I might as well add some good insulation. Not looking forward to it, going to be a lot of work for my son and me but the end result will be a new roof good for another 12 years or longer. I probably should have done it this year but it has been a busy summer. I should be able to do it for around $800.

So the question is for those who have done this...EPDM or Superflex?

https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-exterior/rv-roofing/rv-rubber-roof/superflex-rv-roof-kit/

https://www.recpro.com/8-5-wide-dicor-epdm-rv-rubber-roof-kit/

I know your pain!

Every seam is an excuse to leak..

So years ago I replaced most the structure in a 5th wheel roof and sides.

The structure was rotted and needed an extensive rebuild.

The crap that was rotted I replaced with real 2x2

The stuff left was  "furred in"   so-called  2x2 to make them real 2x2,  and used sheet foiled foam cut to fit every space.

Roof and sides,- so the 2-inch thick foam actually fit

A LOT of of work., to pull all the aluminum.

A LOT of staples

Next, for the roof, i used rolled aluminum -that is seamless roll and a lot less likely to leak.

Use 3M 5200  for sealer.

It is all that and more.

25 minutes ago, Scotty_ said:

Robert do you have a roof like a car port over the camper? Can you do that in the place you’re at?

The trees are my car port!

it is allowed but more expensive than a new roof.

They do also make a coating to go over the top instead of replacing EDPM. I went to a roofing wholesaler and they have a tape and coating for it for around $250.

3 hours ago, Mad Bomber said:

They do also make a coating to go over the top instead of replacing EDPM. I went to a roofing wholesaler and they have a tape and coating for it for around $250.

I looked into that also, it would buy me some time. They want $70-$85 a gallon and I would need 6.