Destro

Golf getting a bunch of work before college

Looks like someone (cough Destro cough) forgot about this thread.

engine , front suspension, and rear suspension are all back together.  Things runs really good but the timing is REALLY sensitive.  Just a slight movement and it will go from a run to no-run condition.  Had it the timing close to what we thought was right while hot one night.  Drove it home and went to start it next morning to go to gym and no-joy.  Had to adjust it just to get it started.

After a little tweaking, it starts and runs hot and cold.  After an alignment Thursday morning (following a false start Wednesday morning), Ivan drove up to Hurricane Ridge, around the Olympic peninsula, down to Naselle, back to Kelso, down to Vancouver, and back.  Google Maps shows just under 600 miles... all under the guise of doing the cam break-in.

Now a quick trip down to Cascade German on Tuesday morning for a little Malone tuning magic and we are off on our cross-country trip.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carl20320 said:

Looks like someone (cough Destro cough) forgot about this thread.

engine , front suspension, and rear suspension are all back together.  Things runs really good but the timing is REALLY sensitive.  Just a slight movement and it will go from a run to no-run condition.  Had it the timing close to what we thought was right while hot one night.  Drove it home and went to start it next morning to go to gym and no-joy.  Had to adjust it just to get it started.

After a little tweaking, it starts and runs hot and cold.  After an alignment Thursday morning (following a false start Wednesday morning), Ivan drove up to Hurricane Ridge, around the Olympic peninsula, down to Naselle, back to Kelso, down to Vancouver, and back.  Google Maps shows just under 600 miles... all under the guise of doing the cam break-in.

Now a quick trip down to Cascade German on Tuesday morning for a little Malone tuning magic and we are off on our cross-country trip.

I haven't forgot, but I didn't get the photos resized, and so I didn't post yet.

4 hours ago, Destro said:

I haven't forgot, but I didn't get the photos resized, and so I didn't post yet.

Use Taptalk and it will resize the pictures for you. Much easier.

• Like 1