Sign in to follow this  
skyking

new common rail in the family

My wife has driven the silver for almost 5 years, and in that time her osteo and rheumatoid arthritis has gotten to the point that shifting has lost some of its appeal. We drove a few different rigs, small SUVs, things like that. We kept coming back to the comfort of a 2 door, another beetle.

13-beetle.jpg

It has 30K miles and is from the local area, one of the dieselgate cars. It has the nav and sunroof package, all the bells and whistles available.

It comes with 24 months unlimited mile warranty.

Now we get to ruminate over making adjustments now, or living with mediocre economy for 24 months first :)

Nice comfortable rides!  Friend of mine here is 6’8” and he loves his Beetle.

24 is just a number 

like 24 wks

24 days

24 minutes

Do it! 😀

• Like 1

there's a 0.5 tune that is standalone, but anything more requires an additional DSG tune at $400.

I know the MPG will go up, as well as the GPM (grins per mile).

As it is, very fun to drive. It has a firm ride, not much different than the MkIV cars. It scoots right along with 133/225 at the wheels, but the economy will be in the upper 30's at best.

Own 2 mk6 Jetta wagons with DSG. 39-42 consistently. Not unhappy with that mileage. 

• Thanks 1

Rough numbers is 10 bucks more to drive 500 miles at 40 mpg vs 50. Assuming 4 bucks a gallon. 

Just did the DSG service on ours too. That was fun!

• Like 1

I ran up to Marrysville last weekend in the EOS and got 37.2 out of my 2.0 TSI...that's almost diesel mileage....almost!