Sign in to follow this  
HOSS

Angry Jetta

My Jetta is not happy. It's using water somewhere about every 200 miles the water light comes on and I have to add some. It's been over 100k since the timing belt was done so it's due for that as well and there is oil coming from all over the turbo. Time for some serious maintenance or a road flare. Not sure which....

i had coolant loss with wendy's. not as bad as yours, it was a hose at the back of the head that delaminated. since i fixed it no more light. and never seen any coolant on the ground

I have not seen any either. I was kinda worried it was a head gasket or something

I have seen where the radiator hose fittings leak down near the radiator on the drivers side. I actually have the plastic fitting sitting in the shop that I bought to replace one for a Lady that sold the car before I changed it. It’s yours if you need it.

Mine had a coolant leak soon after doing the timing belt. It was some dealer only coolant line that was formed with multiple ports coming out of it. Mike Boyd figured it out.  I also had some oil loss issue.  Mike should be able to tell you, pretty sure it was the EGR. That part can never leak again.

I have no leak EGR also

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, so we have all eliminated the EGR from any possibility of leaking again.... LOL

Look at your oil cooler housing (under the oil filter). Common place for them to leak. 

Look at your oil cooler housing (under the oil filter). Common place for them to leak. 

10-4 it will be sitting a while until I finish the current house project and then get Babe running and up for a sale. It breaks my heart I have to drive the truck until then

It will be getting a new timing belt, water pump, new turbo etc......and a serious detailing

All of the plastic fittings deteriorate over time, the one one closest to high heat are the first to go... drivers side outlet on the head is well known for cracking. Also the water pump will sleep and is hard to find it without pulling the timing belt cover off. 100k on your belt?  

You know what needs to be done there...belt, tensioner and water pump.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, HOSS said:

10-4 it will be sitting a while until I finish the current house project and then get Babe running and up for a sale. It breaks my heart I have to drive the truck until then emoji1787.png

It will be getting a new timing belt, water pump, new turbo etc......and a serious detailing emoji2961.png

Not open a stinging wound but did you ever find the cause of the engine failure in Babe ? Maybe you posted and CRS set in again ? Sorry if so. 

That wound has healed nicely and no I never found a smoking gun. To be honest I didn't look very hard. I will just be glad to be done with it.

Pretty sure you’ll miss her. 

Pretty sure you’ll miss her. 

Oh I know I will.
Every time I hear a VP truck pull up next to me I make some comment about how horribly loud it is but what I am really thinking is God I love the sound of that!
On the other hand I do enjoy the sound of silence for the new truck.
  • Like 2