Albino99

47re build .............Any recommended transmission shops in the Puget Sound?

I am interested in having my 47re transmission built for towing (<10,000 lbs). Does anyone have a favorite "go-to" shop that knows diesel 47re transmissions well? I'm planning ahead to see what my options are and cost involved. It would be nice to find a place in the Puget Sound region. 

Edited by Albino99

Mike at NorthState Automotive in Marysville is the local go to guy in this neck of the woods. Mike Boyd is also adding this to what his shop does. Diesel Outfitters in Smokey Point. I'd be comfortable with either one building one for me. I have a full meal deal 48RE in my Mega from Mike at NorthState. Billet everything. I don't think you will need to go that far. But I'm guessing adleast the Input for that weight.

11 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

Mike at NorthState Automotive in Marysville is the local go to guy in this neck of the woods. Mike Boyd is also adding this to what his shop does. Diesel Outfitters in Smokey Point. I'd be comfortable with either one building one for me. I have a full meal deal 48RE in my Mega from Mike at NorthState. Billet everything. I don't think you will need to go that far. But I'm guessing adleast the Input for that weight.

Paul,  thanks for the recommendations. I typically have to take a ferry ride to gain access to shops across the Sound. I am familiar with Outfitters and have had work done there before. I am very weary about taking my truck to a transmission shop that does "everything" and lacks knowledge specific to 47 & 48 transmissions. 

If you don't mind me asking......... a full meal deal 48re cost you north of 5k?  My transmission has evidence of being worked on before............ I just have no history on it. Never had a problem with it for the 50K miles I have put on the truck since buying it. The converter appears to be non-stock and it shifts very firm and pulls decent. I like to know what I have and it's capabilities. Basically start fresh with a transmission built for my towing needs. 

My transmission cost just South of 10k. Both those shops are very familiar with either of those transmissions

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mike at NorthState Automotive in Marysville  freshened mine up after I Iost the input shaft.Also had the converter rebuilt.  Does good work reasonably.

Seems like NorthState Automotive Clinic is a popular place for folks. I looked up their business last night and read some reviews. Many good things said about how they treat customers and the work is quality. 

I'll give em' a call and see what they can do for my transmission needs. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.