Sign in to follow this  
leadfoot067

weight dist hitch, what type?

i have a old eazlift now with 1000lb bars. 1 bar fell off last year and is ground down a bit from dragging. its an old setup. looking to replace it. this is the style i have now. i see a few other styles,with strait bars and some with chain. just wondered if there is a better setup that you guys have used? or should i stay with old faithful style?

image.jpeg.6b276e9725aed1f1115201ffb871f4b0.jpeg

User preference IMHO

i have an Anderson and like it just fine , but have used others similar to the one you picture and find them also very usable 

Etrailer has lots and may even be able to help with a replacement part for the one you have.

Nicest distribution hitch I’ve ever used is blue ox 

They have multiple weights. The one we use for the event trailer is the 2k tongue weight version. 2.5 receiver size. The rotary chain tensioner they use is easy. 

1 hour ago, Scotty_ said:

Etrailer has lots and may even be able to help with a replacement part for the one you have.

i will be replacing the whole setup, the ball hole is ovaled out, and the ball moves for and aft when towing, also the bars and the things they slide into are worn. its probably 20+ years old.

My trailer came with a newer version of the EZ Lift system.  The bars ride on the bracket on the trailer tongue and slide into holes on the hitch.  Our 2 week road trip last year we had no issues.  Of course I was towing with my 2008 dually.  Haven't had it out yet with the 2016 2500.  That is next week's adventure.

Doug

• Like 1

i will be going with a round bar type again, the brackets are already bolted to my trailer tongue. all the other styles use different trailer side hardware and brackets. and my tailgate doesnt open with the trailer on. so im getting a longer shank to fix that.

Edited by leadfoot067