I found the ultimate mole killing machine!

This thing is cheap, easy to use and it works!!!!! I ordered it off Amazon for $32.00 and it showed up last Saturday afternoon. In 24 hours I got 4 moles with this one trap and I have 7 total now. I am running out of moles to catch. I keep looking for new mounds and today on the way to the shop from the house I saw a couple new mounds so I set it. On my way back to the house an hour later I saw the tell tale yellow and pulled out another one!

It's called a Gopher Hawk you need to get the kit that comes with the tapered point tube and the trap itself. Inside the tube is a rod that you use to find a tunnel. You do not dig up mounds or anything else. You buy additional traps for just over $20.00 if you want but I am having no problem getting them with just one. This thing is plain fun!

13a32a0246af05aafa042975ffae9d0b.jpg

• Like 1

When the trap is set you cannot see the yellow on the trap, when it gets a mole the yellow shows and you can see it from a distance.

I found the ultimate mole killing machine!
This thing is cheap, easy to use and it works!!!!! I ordered it off Amazon for $32.00 and it showed up last Saturday afternoon. In 24 hours I got 4 moles with this one trap and I have 7 total now. I am running out of moles to catch. I keep looking for new mounds and today on the way to the shop from the house I saw a couple new mounds so I set it. On my way back to the house an hour later I saw the tell tale yellow and pulled out another one!
It's called a Gopher Hawk you need to get the kit that comes with the tapered point tube and the trap itself. Inside the tube is a rod that you use to find a tunnel. You do not dig up mounds or anything else. You buy additional traps for just over $20.00 if you want but I am having no problem getting them with just one. This thing is plain fun!
13a32a0246af05aafa042975ffae9d0b.jpg

darn I need to get some of these. Moles have tried to take over my yard. Nice review!!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve been trapping gophers with the Macabee Old Reliable traps and I’m pretty darn good at it 😁

I might have to order one of these though and give it a shot on the gophers.  

Remember that body gripping or piercing traps are not legal in Wa. state, so  not sure I would post pics if the trap works one of those ways. I have some that will sometime catch 2 at a time they come from Scotland... but I never use them.........I got them from the people that use to take care of the mole problems at the border crossing since they could no longer trap there I saw a lot of mole damage last time I drove thru.  That does sound easier to use than mine.

8 hours ago, Woodenhead said:

I’ve been trapping gophers with the Macabee Old Reliable traps and I’m pretty darn good at it 😁

I might have to order one of these though and give it a shot on the gophers.  

I have a bucket full of them. You want em?????? They work about 10% of the time for me. This one works 100% so far. Every time it sets it has a mole in it. No opening up mounds or anything. 

I just ordered one.    I need to try this out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOSS said:

I have a bucket full of them. You want em?????? They work about 10% of the time for me. This one works 100% so far. Every time it sets it has a mole in it. No opening up mounds or anything. 

I've never tried to trap a mole but I get the pocket gophers every time.  I have about 6 or 8 traps and now that I have them under control I only ever use a few at a time so I don't think I need any extras but thanks for the offer.

Typically I scrape the mound off, find the hole, open the tunnel up a bit with a small garden spade to make room for the trap and stuff the trap into the tunnel, then I use a stick to get the trigger paddle close to the end of the wire (hair trigger).  Usually the tunnel is headed in more than one direction so I get one in each tunnel.  Some guys cover it back up, I never do as I figure the gopher comes back to the opening to block it off, that's when he gets whacked :).  

I check almost daily for new mounds around my trees, if I miss one and he gets a bunch of work done and I can't figure out where he's currently operating I'll stomp everything down, then come back in a bit to find the fresh dirt. I think the gophers are a bit bigger than moles which probably makes using the Macabee traps a bit easier for them.  

When I first realized I had these things tearing stuff up I used one of those oxy/propane rodenators to blast the tunnels.  It's fun watching a 20' section of tunnel open up in the field, not very useful on the lawn though.

Farmers here used to pay us to take the gopher population down.

We had our lawn chairs umbrella and beer cooler set up this one time with our .22’s.

Then we got to thinking maybe we could blow them out of the ground with some diesel and fertilizer/cow pies. 🙀

Holy flying dirt/parts and tremors Batman!

After a few explosions, a tractor came over this hill. The farmer said he heard and felt the explosions at his barn. lol 

Then he looks around the field and sees all these craters and debris. Looks back at us and says; “I always wanted to till this pasture and grow crops here.” 

Thats all he said then left.

We blew up more holes til the beer ran out.

• Haha 1

You’ve lived a charmed life my friend. Lol

Farmers here used to pay us to take the gopher population down.

We had our lawn chairs umbrella and beer cooler set up this one time with our .22’s.

Then we got to thinking maybe we could blow them out of the ground with some diesel and fertilizer/cow pies.

Holy flying dirt/parts and tremors Batman!

After a few explosions, a tractor came over this hill. The farmer said he heard and felt the explosions at his barn. lol 

Then he looks around the field and sees all these craters and debris. Looks back at us and says; “I always wanted to till this pasture and grow crops here.” 

Thats all he said then left.

We blew up more holes til the beer ran out.
That sounds like fun.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

So I ordered one of these and I have to say this thing is awesome. Set it last night and this morning, the yellow was showing. Sure enough, it got him. 

I think I may have to order one for my wife's mom, she has a terrible problem with Moles in her yard and this thing will do the trick and make her very happy. 

Highly recommend one if you have any Moles in your yard. 

• Like 1

They work great! I up over a dozen so far.

• Like 1

This was a good find you did Hoss, thank you. 

Yes very good find.   Thanks Hoss!   I got two of them and if I stay up with it they'll catch em within an hour of loading.  If I wait too long they seem to go deep or something.   Swear I need a wifi version that texts me when sprung so I can reload and get another!   I put the compactor on the backhoe and shake the ground for a bit to get em all pissed off.  First mound up gets a Gopher Getter next to it! 

• Haha 1

I watched some videos read some more comments and then ordered  one. I cant wait till the new toy comes.

Looks useful!  I probably should buy one now that there is an elementary school being built behind the house...  

edited_20160611_121021.jpg

I have 2 of them and they do work.  Took 1 out to the gun club to get rid of the moles there and like wise no more moles.

Kevin

Got my first over the weekend... but I haven't been there to set it other than once.

My dog just dug up another one then she plays with it. She is a rototiller after those suckers. Its pretty funny till we  mow the  field and hit her holes.

Horrible little creatures... Used seal bombs(waterproof miniature dynamite that commercial fishermen use) on the farm.

Until my cousin lost the tip of his finger.. His mom was less than happy..

I'm going to pick up one of these and try it out at our camp lots. We have a BUNCH of moles there. I'll try to post up some pics when I get out there.

Last night I found a  hole fairly undisturbed from my dog mole hunting and set up the Gopher Hawk. This morning it showed yellow. Yes one mole down!  

Good find Mark thank you. I think that mole had been terrorizing my dog for over a year and half.

Casey 

Sure glad in high Desert we don’t have to worry ( so far) about moles .. but if I did see them this would be something I owned !!!! 

Think between snow /cold temps , heavy rock /gravel soil , thin depth of soil with cement ( extra hard pack) just inches below surface layer the moles are deterred 

can you post a link to mole killing machine