leadfoot067

new to me truck

sold my 2005 in feb.  got this 2017 today. flew to spokane this morning, sales guy picked me up at airport. dealer was pierce auto center in Sagle ID. just south of sandpoint. talk about a no hassle deal...anyways  its an SLT with center console, aisin trans and 3.42 gears. 1 owner.

2017 4-26-19.jpg

Edited by leadfoot067
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sold my 2005 in feb.  got this 2017 today. flew to spokane this morning, sales guy picked me up at airport. dealer was pierce auto center in Sagle ID. just south of sandpoint. talk about a no hassle deal...anyways  its an SLT with center console, aisin trans and 3.42 gears. 1 owner.
Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats to ya drive the wheels of it now 

Nice!!! I was looking hard at dually trucks when I bought my 2014. I love the looks of that truck!

I know a guy on here that loves Costco who has a wife that knows what’s best for him and tells him its time for a newer truck. 🤭(Momma wouldn’t say it if she didn’t think the $ wasn’t there)

Edited by Scotty_

Wow, congratulations! That's an awesome truck! As these newer assassin tranny truck get older it sure makes it more and more tempting to follow your path and trade up. I think at 80mph I'm turning 2500rpm or more. lol

• Like 1

thanks guys! its been 2 months to the day (yesterday) that i sold the 2005. was beginning to wonder if i was ever gonna find the right one. today i moved the rubbermaid tub of the stuff i kept in the 2005  in to the 17, this truck has more storage. have space left over.

• Like 1

Haven't yet towed with my new to me 2016 that has the 3.42 gears and 68RFE transmission.  I did notice the other day when I was doing some highway driving that the RPMs at 70 mph were under 1500.  That makes it really nice for highway driving mpgs.  Will get my first towing experience in a few weeks.  Our 30' travel trailer is not a really heavy load but it should be just right for this new setup.  Still running on the first tank of fuel and the lie-o-meter is saying 17+ mpg.  A good improvement over the 12-13 with my 2008 DRW.

Doug

I could be wrong on this but didn’t the dually come with 373? Or could you order it with a 342?

The RPM is about the same as mine at 80 mph. 2K with 373’s

Just wondering.

Edited by Scotty_

I could be wrong on this but didn’t the dually come with 373? Or could you order it with a 342?
The RPM is about the same as mine at 80 mph. 2K with 373’s
Just wondering.
IIRC, you could order with 342, 373, or 410.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

In 2017, 3.42 ratio was standard for the diesel. 3.73 and 4.10 ratios were optional. That is from the sales brochure. I did a lot of research when looking to buy and have many brochures.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:09 AM, SMOKN05 said:

Wow, congratulations! That's an awesome truck! As these newer assassin tranny truck get older it sure makes it more and more tempting to follow your path and trade up. I think at 80mph I'm turning 2500rpm or more. lol

The first thing I noticed when driving Mark Smiths 2018 truck and towing my 02 was how low the RPM was and how hard it pulled. It actually worried me that something was wrong! I was really glad Mark had the CTS2 in his truck so I could watch EGT's and water and trans temp to see everything was happy! 

So quiet and smooth it blew me away and ruined me for all other trucks :right:

• Like 1

i towed my daughters broken nissan exterra yesterday. its just like you describe Hoss, smooth,quiet and just pulls at a much lower rpms than the 5.9... the aisin seems to know what gear to be in when in tow haul mode.

Love my '18 dually.   My current trailers disappear behind this truck (and I absolutely love the exhaust brake and tow/haul combo on the RAM vs my previous Ford - I hardly ever have to use the brakes while towing with the Ram!).  Still looking for the right race trailer (40ish foot gooseneck race trailer with bathroom package).  That will be the real reason I picked up my truck. 

• Like 1