BOMBER Board
Ol Blue

New to me - not Blue

The pickup's name and appearance still alludes me! I really like the slightly raised, sporty, tough looking appearance with pocket flares etc. I'm just not convinced that will work with this color. It may need to be a more elegant and classy style...?

Since it can get out of its own way now, maybe it could be Red Hot, Too Hot, I dunno.

Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, srt6 said:

Could always leap to like a kelderman setupemoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png... adjustable ride height even auto leveling....

You're a bad, bad man with this pu$hing! I hadn't thought of something like that though...:question:

• Like 1

You're a bad, bad man with this pu$hing! I hadn't thought of something like that though...:question:
Hahahaha sometimes I just cant help myself. Was drooling over their site last night. Pretty crazy systems.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The pickup's name and appearance still alludes me! I really like the slightly raised, sporty, tough looking appearance with pocket flares etc. I'm just not convinced that will work with this color. It may need to be a more elegant and classy style...?
Since it can get out of its own way now, maybe it could be Red Hot, Too Hot, I dunno.
Any thoughts?
Also could go with the name iron man? Has the same paint scheme...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, srt6 said:

Hahahaha sometimes I just cant help myself. Was drooling over their site last night. Pretty crazy systems.

I just looked at their site. Wow! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srt6 said:

Also could go with the name iron man? Has the same paint scheme...

My sheltered life leaves me unfamiliar with that name / paint scheme reference. What's the story behind it?

My sheltered life leaves me unfamiliar with that name / paint scheme reference. What's the story behind it?
It's from a marvel comic which is also like 3 movies plus some other movies. 578723c39da73882613b36f37e88b479.jpg

Oh! Looks like a dude not to mess with! 

He could use a Rams Head in the white spot on his chest. Hmmm....

Edited by Ol Blue

I want to put at least one of the factory spacers back under the rear spring pack. There is just something bugging me about having the springs riding on the axle mounting plate.

The pickup sits 1-1/4" higher in the back when empty and 1" lower than the front with 2,000 lbs in the bed.

I'm thinking about a 1.5" front spacer and putting one of the 1/2" factory spacer back under the rear springs. Or a 1.75" front spacer and 2 of the 1/2 inch rear spacers.

Has anyone run spacers instead of springs? Do you recommend the steel spacers or the polyurethane spacers?

Thanks!

Hi guys, any recommendations on using soirt suspension lift spacers? Say 1.5" to 1.75"?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ol Blue said:

Hi guys, any recommendations on using soirt suspension lift spacers? Say 1.5" to 1.75"?

Thanks!

You should look at Thuren Fabrication overland setup. Much less spring rate on front and you can get coils that lift in your 1.5 inch range. 

I have zero issues with spacers on 12 and older trucks. The geometry on 13 and newer trucks are much different animals. 

Hi Mark! Thuren's springs for the 2012 look to start at 2". I just looked again...in case I missed something. 

Did you use steel or polyurethane spacers? I can see where the steel spacers don't cradle the rubber isolator, so the isolator and the spring could come off. The poly spacers don't have a metal tube in the middle so if one splits the spring could come off....

Thanks!

I was thinking your truck was a mega cab. The thuren setup nets 1-5/8” on mega cabs your year. 

Having said that, I have always used metal spacers when using spacers to level. I simply don’t have faith in plastics. 

I haven’t ever had issues or thoughts of springs coming loose.  Typically you bottom out the shock before unloading spring pressure on the seats. 

My 07 mega and now my 10 both have had steel spacers I like the look and haven’t had any issues with them I can see a spring may give better ride 

• Like 1