Ol Blue

New to me - not Blue

2012 3500 Deep Molten Red Laramie Longhorn 63,000 miles, gooseneck hitch and retractable tonneau cover. The Ol Blue plates I've had for about 23 years just got returned to DMV today.0c5057d533873ed687f122e7b64a578f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice truck! I like the ram in the grill!

• Like 1

It's weird hearing the turbo speed up as the engine slows down to an idle at a stop light. New technology to get used to.

Congratulations on a fine new ride! It's always sad to see an old vehicle go but it's way easier when it's replacement is real nice. Looks great! 

• Like 1

Very nice!!

• Like 1

It's weird hearing the turbo speed up as the engine slows down to an idle at a stop light. New technology to get used to.

The exhaust brake is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Austin, I was complaining about how weak it was to Desperado. He asked if I had tried it in tow / haul mode. I hadn't. It definitely works then!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ol Blue said:

Austin, I was complaining about how weak it was to Desperado. He asked if I had tried it in tow / haul mode. I hadn't. It definitely works then!

Yeah, definitely a huge difference 

• Like 1

Nice ride. I like using tow haul and exhaust brake even empty nice going down the mountains not using brakes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have the trans tuned to lock the convertor in 2nd, it is even better. I have exhaust brake function all the way down to 18MPH in our 2012.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

So far it is getting 17.2MPG. the 3.73:1 anti-spin rear differential is awesome on the highway and on the county gravel roads and the gravel/dirt hill upto the house.

The tires like to lift off the washboard parts of the road so it is time for shocks.

It will be a little while but I'm going to start researching deletes and ways to make sure the 68RFE lasts.

It is sooo quiet inside. Amazing!

If you’re wanting deletes move now vs later. They’re going to be much harder to get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to do it now, but between medical bills and having to get a pickup before hay season, it won't be today. 😒

If you’re wanting deletes move now vs later. They’re going to be much harder to get. 
Physical parts or tuning? Or both?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ol Blue said:

So far it is getting 17.2MPG. the 3.73:1 anti-spin rear differential is awesome on the highway and on the county gravel roads and the gravel/dirt hill upto the house.

The tires like to lift off the washboard parts of the road so it is time for shocks.

It will be a little while but I'm going to start researching deletes and ways to make sure the 68RFE lasts.

It is sooo quiet inside. Amazing!

I’ve been told a stand-alone trans tune by efi live does wonders for durability and longevity 

• Thanks 1