Sign in to follow this  
Suprmn

98 12V auto transmission problems

o.k.  As expected, issues are appearing on the new truck.  The only one that concerns me is the transmission.  Occasionally, when I am driving or moving the truck around, I start to move, or I am moving and coast a bit, and then when I go to give it gas, its like its almost in neutral.    When it does that, I pull my foot from the go pedal and the truck stalls.  That might be a different problem, or might be because of whats going on in the transmission.  I have had this happen at about 15 mph, and while crawling in my drive way.  The only thing I noticed, is when you pull the truck into drive, it seems like the detent in the steering column, might not be putting the truck all the way into drive.  One of the times it happened, I pulled the truck down into second with no change in forward motion.  When the transmission hooks up it seems to work fine.  Shifts a bit firm for my tastes.  No overheating of the transmission on the gauge and fluid is not burnt.   Any ideas?   I REALLY, dont  want to have to rebuild a trans right out of the gate with this thing.  Thanks.

my 97 would do this I dumped extra quart of oil in never had anymore problems