Fuzzy Bear

New to Me 2016 2500 Megacab Longhorn

I listed my 2008 3500 for sale last year when we decided to sell the Lance camper and go for a travel trailer.  Not a whole lot of interest from the online ads and the dealers were only offering auction prices.  That wasn't near enough for a very clean west coast one owner truck with 118,000 miles.  Then about a month ago a guy from upstate NY contacted me to see if it was still available.  We managed to work things out and so I had to look for a replacement.  Hard to find a good clean used truck without a lot of rust here in the Northeast.  Add in that I didn't want the usual black, white, grey, red or silver.  But the stars aligned and I found a clean one owner 2016 Ram 2500 Megacab Longhorn in Western Brown.  Not a great deal on the price, but it was local and in line with what I could find many miles away.  So Friday I finally got my new truck.  

2016 Ram 2500 .jpg

• Like 3

Nice looking truck! Congratulations! The amount of rust and how fast it accumulates on rigs over there is insane. 

Congrats Doug .. enjoy that bad boy. !!!!

Very nice!!! I love the color!

4 minutes ago, HOSS said:

Very nice!!! I love the color!

And being a Longhorn the interior is dark brown saddle.  Would make you feel right at home. 

Looking forward to our first camping trip of the season next month.  Headed north to New Hampshire to scope out a new place to live.  

Doug

Wow! Nice looking truck! I bet that interior if fantastic also. Congrats! 

15 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Taxes better I hope 🤔

Will be saving on registration as it can be registered for 2 years and at a lower cost.  Annual inspection will be less as it will not require an hour of shop labor they charge for doing commercial inspections.  Going form a 2008 to a 2016 my annual excise (property) tax will be a couple hundred more for the next year or two.  After 5 years it goes down to less than $100.  Really looking forward to having veteran plates again.  And if we do move to New Hampshire later this year it will be even better.

Doug 

• Like 1

Congrats Doug!

Nice looking ride!  GL on finding a new place.

Very nice Doug, congrats.