Sign in to follow this  
Suprmn

Anyone Know this Truck?

I am the proud new owner of a 98 12V short bed with tons of bombs.  I would love to know what I have gotten myself into.  Love this truck.

98 Dodge.jpg

Got a list of what's done?

I bought this from a dealer so unfortunately, nothing came through from the former owner.  I can see after market exhaust manifold, turbo, intake, air cleaner, full set of guages, looks like 5 inch exhaust, red head steering with steering brace.  The thing will hit 40lbs of boost without trying too hard so I know its turned up.  Tranny shifts like it has had some mods.   

Its turned up a little much for my likes, so I will probably work to turn it back down a bit.  Have to watch EGT's pretty closely.

Suggest .. Go to DMV do a title search , contact former owner from there n get all info 

Is it 2wd?  Does it have a switch for locking the brakes?  Is this Chiefs' old truck?  Is it pristine? 

1 hour ago, C Paul Go said:

Is it 2wd?  Does it have a switch for locking the brakes?  Is this Chiefs' old truck?  Is it pristine? 

i will find out.... I have him on speed dial. I am pretty sure Dave is correct and the truck is no longer Pristine....

Edit: Message sent. He will look in when he get close to shore i think. He is on the Tug right now.

Nope not mine but looks similar to when I owned it.  I sold it to a guy in Canada who trashed it... 😥Same thing happened to my ‘99 sadly...  Hoss knows a little bit about my ‘99 getting trashed.🤮😬 My 98 12v also had two spinny thingies, not one and was a long bed. 😁

Edited by chief jack

I would say the truck is really close to pristine.  Very well cared for and in good shape.  It is a 4x4.  I bought it from Northwest Motorsport.  The salesman said they bought it off of the street.  Carfax says two owners, both in WA.  First owner had it for 1 year and 2 mos and about 30K miles, the second owner had it for 17 yrs, 3mos and134K.  I have asked the dealer if they would give the seller my phone number.  Based on how much bombing was on it, I hoped it was known by someone here.   To me its an incredible find.  

I wasn't even shopping at the time.  My Dad and I were kicking tires as he is considering a truck upgrade.  He spotted this thing and we checked it out.  Pretty soon, I told him that if he doesn't buy it I will and the rest is history.

The truck has auto start and an alarm that were not working.  Also, the trans temp wasn't working.  While poking under the hood I found a rats next and several chewed wires.  Pretty hopeful that once the wires are reconnected that everything starts working again.  

Hope it works out for you.  I have not heard good things about NWMS.  High prices, questionable sales tactics and questionable trucks that we supposed to have been “fully inspected and serviced”.  As long as you’re happy that’s all that matters though! 👍

13 minutes ago, chief jack said:

Hope it works out for you.  I have not heard good things about NWMS.  High prices, questionable sales tactics and questionable trucks that we supposed to have been “fully inspected and serviced”.  As long as you’re happy that’s all that matters though! 👍

The experience at NWMS was fine.  No high pressure.  Price was good in my opinion.  And on a used rig, its all on me to determine what I am buying.  I don't trust dealer representations at all.  I can say that their safety inspection leaves much to be desired.  One injector line spewing diesel and a missing bolt from one of the sway bar mounts had the mangled mount just hanging there under the truck.  That was offset but what I could see on the truck, how it drove and the considerable amount of maintenance that showed on the Carfax.  So, in the end, yep, I am happy.