Sign in to follow this  
Suprmn

Need quick opinions on a 2012 2500 diesel

I am going to Wenatchee tomorrow and I have spied a 2012 Laramie cummins quad short bed truck,.  Only has about 23k miles.  It is at the dodge dealer there.  I saw this truck and instantly fell in love.  I have done some research on the 12's and I understand there are benefits to the newer (13+) trucks, but well, this one grabbed my attention.  Problem is I just cant see paying that kind of money when a newer truck can be had for less.  Any thoughts on this?  Any benefits to the 12's that might make it worth looking at?  Thanks for your thoughts.

The big thing that stands out for me is the EGR system. They are very expensive to repair or replace and with the 13 and up trucks you get a ton more longevity out of them. 

Can you delete it ? I know a big advantage is the 3500 won’t have tpms as the 2500 does

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yogi_160 said:

Can you delete it ? I know a big advantage is the 3500 won’t have tpms as the 2500 does

Its possible right now to get the parts. The way the industry is going, they will become scarce and expensive within a couple months. 

If if you plan on it, buy the stuff now vs later. 

It used to be that deleting had a few big benefits.

That was on the earlier 6.7’s.

On a ‘12 you will see a marginal improvement in MPG. BTDT The biggest benefit is running a bit cleaner with deletes. JMSO 

Well, the deal on the 12 was a bust.  The truck had 13K miles more than advertised, electrical tape over the back up lights, and they were pretty firm on price which was way to much for me.