Fishin2Deep4U

OXE 150 at Miami Boat Show

Hoss NEEDS one of those!!!

FTR The guy filming that was super annoying...

I want a 200hp version but they are way out of my price range.

I slobbered all over the 200 Oxe at Dave's work when he showed it to me. Your right Ben I NEED one!

What’s the $$$$ like Dave ???

near instant hit I’m sure

Edited by GTroyer

I don't even know what they sell for. I'm sure it's north of 50K.

there is a 300 coming. I have known about that one for some time. I can't talk about it other than to say it is based on a different production engine. Although, the 2L has made more HP than that. I just don't think the little engine can be made tier 3 compliant. 

Dave

17 minutes ago, Torque Monkey said:

Hoss NEEDS one of those!!!

FTR The guy filming that was super annoying...

Yeah, it should have been all music. No one is that excited over a 150. LOL

Dave

Edited by Fishin2Deep4U

Very cool. Looks like the OXE reps also had enough of that guy by the time they got out of the marina lol. The fuel economy is amazing, not just for savings in the fuel bill but for extended range. 

If things go my way my next boat will have either a single or twin diesels but old school inboards. 

I had asked our social media person if we had any videos of OXE engines in the field I could send to people that have been asking for more info. But, we don't get much back. When this one came our way, I had to post it. It's almost comical in a double rainbow kind of way. 

I am trying to see if we have any video of our test boat that I can put together. It's got a 150 on it and has had some very impressive numbers. The fuel burn is really cool. But most of our customer base is looking for a long lasting power solution that consumes the same fuel as the big boats they tender. Diesel is far cheaper off shore than gasoline. 

Dave

The extended range is a huge factor of cool in my book , especially for the guys who go in salt waters for tuna and such

The price and maintenance repair work will/is the two big factors holding back the popularity of these units.

any lodges or charter operators need instant service and repair wherever they are based.

Im not talking tomorrow or the day after. The boat has to get operational that day.

The fuel economy alone would outweigh the price for a lot of charter operators who fish off shore on the BC coastline.

If a good diesel mechanic was nearby who knew these engines  for service work and in season repairs, these engines will boom off the shelf.

Until a few operators with well known names have them and put lots of trouble free hours on them, people will still be hesitant. I’m not talking company test boats but real,well know charter operators in active popular fishing locations! Bamfield, Rivers Inlet,Queen Charlotte Islands, Prince Rupert, some of the Alaska destinations as well.

I really like the clean and quiet operation.

Smooth transmission.

Ben,, I agree, the guy doing the filming was mega annoying. I turned the volume off until they were on the boat.

I just wanted to say, Shut the heck up!  Wouldn’t be a bad thing to tip him over the side!

49 minutes ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

That is correct.

Dave

A pair of those as inboards in a 30-35’ Sedan Cruiser would be sweet. 

2 minutes ago, Woodenhead said:

A pair of those as inboards in a 30-35’ Sedan Cruiser would be sweet. 

I would like to see the BMW engine in that application. 

Dave

Edited by Fishin2Deep4U

From the link about the engine
Cylinder Block and Head: the cylinder block is made of strong gray cast iron, with five main bearings. To minimize weight, it features an aluminum cylinder block,

Huh????????????

15 minutes ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

I would like to see the BMW engine in that application. 

Dave

That would be sweet too. I look for diesel cruisers almost daily on Craigslist. I’m at least 2 years from another boat but I’m trying to get educated. I’ve got some wants that might be hard meet. 30-35’ LOA, under 12’ beam, “trailerable”, single screw diesel with a bow thruster or twin diesels. I don’t need a planing hull anymore. The more I look the more I realize this is a needle in a haystack situation lol. 

2 minutes ago, HOSS said:

From the link about the engine
Cylinder Block and Head: the cylinder block is made of strong gray cast iron, with five main bearings. To minimize weight, it features an aluminum cylinder block,

Huh????????????

Yeah I saw that to and was confused, I’m assuming one of those “blocks” should be a head. 

Single screw in that size, Deere 6090. A little bigger, Scania 11 or 13l. Can go over 900HP with the 13L.

Dave

20 minutes ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

Single screw in that size, Deere 6090. A little bigger, Scania 11 or 13l. Can go over 900HP with the 13L.

Dave

It’ll be an older boat. Are these older Hinos or Lehmans something to stay away from? I realize it all depends a lot on maintenance and hrs but I wouldn’t buy a well cared for vintage OMC either. 

Edited by Woodenhead

I'm not afraid of the Hinos. Good parts support. I don't know much about Lehman other than the name. 

You may even consider Yanmar 6LP. Mecahincal engine , but parts can get pricey if you don't have a discounted source. Several of the Hell's canyon guys buy them as fast as they can and are always rebuilding for swing engines. 330-360HP and easy to turn up if needed.

Dave

I'd love to go to that boat show!

On 2/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, Woodenhead said:

This must be the motor they are using. 

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/luz/amp/

"the cylinder block is made of strong gray cast iron, with five main bearings. To minimize weight, it features an aluminum cylinder block"  🤔

• Haha 1