Lock

Back into a CTD

Sold my Ford and picked up a 2018 3500 Crew 4x4 Laramie Dually with the Aisin transmission.  More bells and whistles than I'm used to, but we are going for a much bigger trailer and needed the capacity.

I'm not partial to any of the three brands anymore - I've owned them all at one point (and some more than a few times) and each have worked well for the most part.  However, the differences between the 2018 Ram and the 2017 Ford were pretty noticeable.  First off, my Ford didn't come with their low speed steering assist option, so the Ram's steering effort is much lighter (I like that - nod to the Ram for not having to pay extra for power steering, LOL).  The Fords auto was buttery smooth - couldn't even feel the shifts unless you were really paying attention, while the Aisin feels like my old Suncoast race transmission with very obvious gear changes (I have to admit I liked the smooth Ford tranny while just driving around in commute like settings). The Cummins makes good diesel noises, while the Ford was electric motor quiet (tie here - I liked the quiet Powerstroke, but I think I prefer the Cummins sounding more like the diesels I grew up with).

Got a great deal at Enumclaw CJDR, and looking forward to getting enough miles on it to tow with it. 

Next up - find a bigger trailer (which drove the change over).

Took a pic of my now 14 year old standing in front of the new truck.  He went with me when we picked out the Ford too. 

Ram.JPG

• Like 1

I like everything about my 18 so far.  Theres a write up on the lights if they seem a touch lacking to you.

Be forwarned though, HOSS had different lights in his 2014.

Sold my Ford and picked up a 2018 3500 Crew 4x4 Laramie Dually with the Aisin transmission.  More bells and whistles than I'm used to, but we are going for a much bigger trailer and needed the capacity.
I'm not partial to any of the three brands anymore - I've owned them all at one point (and some more than a few times) and each have worked well for the most part.  However, the differences between the 2018 Ram and the 2017 Ford were pretty noticeable.  First off, my Ford didn't come with their low speed steering assist option, so the Ram's steering effort is much lighter (I like that - nod to the Ram for not having to pay extra for power steering, LOL).  The Fords auto was buttery smooth - couldn't even feel the shifts unless you were really paying attention, while the Aisin feels like my old Suncoast race transmission with very obvious gear changes (I have to admit I liked the smooth Ford tranny while just driving around in commute like settings). The Cummins makes good diesel noises, while the Ford was electric motor quiet (tie here - I liked the quiet Powerstroke, but I think I prefer the Cummins sounding more like the diesels I grew up with).
Got a great deal at Enumclaw CJDR, and looking forward to getting enough miles on it to tow with it. 
Next up - find a bigger trailer (which drove the change over).

Took a pic of my now 14 year old standing in front of the new truck.  He went with me when we picked out the Ford too. 
Ram.JPG.d6ff4968346bd7b51937f7babf7de185.JPG
We love our 17 with the aisin. You'll see it shine with a trailer behind it. Its night and day difference between our old duramax we had.

Beautiful truck!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oh I like that truck!!!!!

That's a nice looking rig! Congrats!

Nice rig! I'll keep a eye out for it!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, Scotty_ said:

Phat butt!

Yes sir!  Decided that if we were doing this, we were doing it once.  Since this rig's primary purpose will be towing, I had to go with the training wheels.