BOMBER Board
Ol Blue

2002 rebuilt title

You have full disclosure on the truck, I think that anyone wants to buy it from you I say sell it. They know what they are buying especially from this site watching you build that truck. I really don't think being a branded title will have anything to do with selling it, you may not get top dollar but you'll get a good price.

I could not do an auto swap in good conscience, it needs to stay as it is. Probably your motivation too :) Somebody is going to get lucky to have it, Rob.

To me there is a big difference between a rebuilt title and a salvage title. I will consider a rebuilt title long before a salvage title car. To me a salvage title to me is just a parts car with no intention of it being a driver.

I was / am not prepared for these responses. Thank you all for the very kind words!

I'll likely not get away from Seattle until the end of March, so I can't get it ready until then in case that messes up someone's schedule. I really expected it to take that long to find any interested...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's ok since you don't know my SIL and he doesn't know you,       you wouldn't be selling to a friend........I don't think he wants to spend as much as the truck would cost but I don't know that until I know a price and ask him. Is a 2002 past the 53 block issue?  Ended in 2001 or some carry over into 2002?

My son in law is very excited :dance: about getting this truck. Going to be WAY better than the 93 we were trying to get running for him......I am now praying even more that you get well and are able to return home......:thumbup2:

• Like 1

Good bye.

Serve Tyler well!

It was a surprisingly emotional thing watching it leave.

It was good meeting both of you. Have a safe trip home.85b10076245d152c952c2329c618f8de.jpg270e87b48036e4dd54f61a287cb427a8.jpg7cd3a7de38178ab20c4eda4ef1cd0158.jpg

• Like 1

I can imagine that was pretty emotional Rob. You put a lot of blood sweat and love into making that truck what it is, it’d be hard to watch it go. Especially after what you’ve just been through. 

Im sure it’s going to a good home though, there’s always a bit of comfort in that. 

• Thanks 1

Can’t imagine how I will feel when I sell the 97(hopefully soon).

Had that truck  for 20 years..

I KNOW he got a great rig , hope he does too . 

Also hope he takes the care care of it you did !!

• Thanks 1

Just got home. Tyler (my son in law) still can't believe he was able to get a rig like it, hopefully he will get home to SLC tomorrow. He is very grateful to have the opportunity and I know it will receive the best of care.  I am also trying to get him to join this site so he will get the information he needs to keep it in shape.  Thanks again. 

Oh and Rob,  that was a great place to eat, great beer and the Irish nachos are pretty good.   😋

Edited by rubystargoats

Glad you liked the R&R restaurant! Have him send me his email Addy and phone number. I did not burn a CD for you guys, but it might be good to have the paint codes.
Definitely have him become a member. The service manual is a free download!

Thanks again, Rob

Rob, I know your pain.

I will tell you getting a Newer Truck helps a lot though.

Just make sure you go 3rd or 4th Gen..

• Thanks 1

Sold my 96 after owning it for 17 years. It went to a firefighter's son in Great Falls where my son works. It is good to see the truck around.  I miss it a little, but the 17 is a great  truck and I have no regrets about selling he 96.

Rob, I can imagine how sad it is to see your truck drive away. I get way too attached to my vehicles and I've always had an easier time buying more than getting rid of old. :lol: I does help knowing its in good hands now though. I'm sure you'll grow fond of a new truck quickly also.

• Thanks 1

A guy is gone for a while and then Rob sells Blu?  Gosh, i better stop in more often

Paul, definitely going after a 2011. It offers the correct shade of blue and the correct technology.

This one is ok except it has dark interior and lacks the rear DVD player.c4f91376ae453660f54028bf8bb307f9.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, Ol Blue said:

It is all your Angelic/Devilish FAULT!! 😁

Why thank you.  😈