Sign in to follow this  
SMOKN05

I've got to get busy today

I have today off, first day in a while and I start back into 13hr shifts tomorrow. My truck broke on my this week. Coming home after a long day the clutch went to the floor. I was able to milk it onto the freeway and rev match shift to get home doing california stops. Ordered new South Bend hydraulics and it just arrived at the house. I have to put the front driveshaft back in also, its been out since the pinion seal change in August. Simply jobs but I've having a hard time getting going, its nice to have a day off.

But with the storm a comin' I gotta get big blue back on the road. Gail needs the Jeep to get to work so I have to get the truck done. I wish my son was still stationed here. Oh well.

You will like the new SB hydraulics, I put a set on the 04.5 when I put the SB clutch in. Did you get the one with the adjustable pedal?

Yes, the master cyl input rod is adjustable. The old hydraulics was the South Bend setup as well. It was installed when the clutch was about 135K ago. 

Got it all done. Sometimes being stubborn pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Today, not so much. I fiddled with the stupid front driveshaft bolts 1 flat at a time on a 12 point box end. I did this for about an hour before I gave up and dropped the skid plate. Then it took about 1 minute. :right: 

I'm ready for the snow now. :burnout:

• Haha 1