HOSS

Winter weather

I woke up to 6° outside temp this morning! Most of the snow we got is still here and more to come with no warming in sight.

If we get another 6" to 8" like they are calling for it will be quite a pile of snow! My neighbor and I cleared our driveways and most of the road from hey 9 to our houses on Monday might have to do it again soon.

42f9dd630ea069efcc650b84b9fe33b8.jpgd2b7f87eab88f4de529ff1c9b337f0b8.jpg72d6ccd22184a3013ea0cedbcf8d8e28.jpg61fd0613aaa2d60c60f05d929f69a1e8.jpg885c0396407182b0e06fd6f1585daa9f.jpg5823e677937647f05500f16be6307d43.jpgf4cb928fac74c83cc22c61fb0c96603c.jpg4b06c5304e406745350b218d3072090f.jpg31b50b3b9d722c5062f0f24beb84d552.jpg

• Like 1

A couple more 2af15389688367004abc6f7c9dfaf4cb.jpg0be961fe4875f030d3c3616476056d90.jpg

• Like 1

Things at a standstill around there , I’m assuming folks not used to that white stuff there lol

nice pictures there Hoss

Edited by GTroyer

I'm loving it.  Sure wish we got that much down here.    

They are saying we could get some this weekend and next week.   Great timing as I'll be traveling in it daily.   

It can warm up anytime... They are calling for a high of 2 Celsius and low of -6 C today... block heaters are good to use in this weather.

Wishing I was in my usual February place now working hard but warm,Thailand..

I saw 20°F coming into work this morning. We got no snow.☹️

I heard at one time, that the river doesn't really allow temps to drop so much near our house...

Beautiful Hoss, I love the snow.  Winter finally showed up here, we just had a couple days with lows around 15F and highs around 20F and relentless wind for a few days along with it.  Now we've got single digit lows coming, more wind and 3-5" snow.  Fine by me, we need some cold weather to kill next years bugs.

Good timing on getting that SUV up and running.....
Yep! The Enterprise has been putting in work all week. That thing is great in this stuff. I just have to stay clear of all the other people as much as possible. I saw couple people slide off the freeway this morning on the way to work.

I like it, even when I have to work in it, that's what beards are for. :D  Monday morning was a blizzard with drifting snow and all out on the flightline. 

IMG_20190204_100756edit.jpg

IMG_20190204_094602edit.jpg

• Like 2

It was 11*F on the flightline this morning. If you look close at the top of Rainier you can see snow blowing off it, looks cold up there. lol

IMG_20190206_070028.jpg

• Like 1

We had 15 two mornings ago. Mary and I had been wagering and we both lost :)

This morning we both figured it would be warmer. Lol 14!

All crane work is on steel sheets on the job, and frozen steel sheets on frozen forks is pretty dang funny, if you stay far away with your toes.

The temp gauge says 9 F this morning. 

Don't hit the down button on the Jetta's windows when they are frozen........Didn't even realize that was a problem and broke both of my front ones in about 2 seconds! 😞 Darnit!

7 minutes ago, bbowe said:

Don't hit the down button on the Jetta's windows when they are frozen........Didn't even realize that was a problem and broke both of my front ones in about 2 seconds! 😞 Darnit!

if you are lucky they just pulled out of the pinch bolts, where it grabs the window. we got lucky with the wife's jetta a few years ago

Ben had the same thing happen but if I remember right the window stayed up a while and then fell while he was driving.

1 hour ago, HOSS said:

Ben had the same thing happen but if I remember right the window stayed up a while and then fell while he was driving.

Yup! happened to me once. Don't roll down the windows  in a Volkswagen when it's cold. I was driving along and the window just dropped.... scared me to death.

Guess I should go pick up the bicycles and toys in the driveway, plug in the backhoe and get it ready to roll.
a3b8538bd57962c4ae94dcfdec564dc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really not a winter guy....

I love it! Other than dealing with those who cannot and are not prepared to drive in it.

• Like 2