Sign in to follow this  
Big Russ

Skif Knives

I was watching a YouTube channel (Demolition Ranch) and they demo'ed Skif Knives - they were shooting at them and splitting bullets... (The 308 finally broke the knife)  They looked expensive, IE Spyderco, Benchmade, SOG and so I checked them out.  

They arent expensive...  I bought a "Sturdy" for $29.99, it was $34 and change to my door.

https://skifknives.us/collections/all

I'm really impressed!  It's made in Ukraine and the quality is outstanding!    Time will tell on how the edge holds up but the blade is beefy.  Here are a few pictures.  My only complaint is its a bit stiff, but I'm sure it'll loosen up with use.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WAAn8Zx9MLPrHyDN9

• Like 1

Its about as hard as an AUS8 steel without as much nickel in it.

If it holds like my AUS8 kitchen knife that I love, you will be tickled with its performance.

As for being stiff.

Take out pivot screw and use loctite on the threads.  Tighten pivot to where you like it.  Next day it'll be perfect until you need to adjust again.  The loctite lets you adjust in the future without having to take completely out.

I may have to try that, but it feels like the detent is stiff, once it gets past the detent it opens pretty easily.  

I was doing some more research - They are Chinese made, although there are no markings on the knife.  Still a decent knife for the money.