Abbyfireguy

Diesel filler cap on new CTD.

Being as I have nothing to do with my time according to my wife, I noticed the lack of a cap on the diesel filler neck for the new Rams when surfing 

info on new CTD trucks.

The style looks like a funnel for crap to collect and potentially drop into the fuel tank.

Edited by Abbyfireguy
Spelling

Those are what I bought also!

That’s the sort of thing I saw.. Didn’t know what you guys were using if anything...

I am on dusty and dirty roads periodically.

And,winter travel on highways with salt and gravel.

Surprised an expensive rig has such a crappy cap to protect the diesel fill neck.

My wifes Grand Cherokee has a similar set up.  Drives me nuts...  But, in 25K miles I have yet to see anything sitting inside the filler neck.  I am not sure how they do it.  I would still go with a cap if I could find a way to do it.

Here is another GREAT thing to have! This is worth it's weight in gold as far as I am concerned

Dee Zee DZ43301 Truck Tailgate Assist https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUF74HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KVloCbYKTE7R3

I have all three mentioned above on mine too!!!

I travel too many logging roads to chance it.  When I get done cutting firewood for the year, the 'dust seal' on the fuel door only lets in about 1/8" of dust.  No way in hell was I going to chance that 1/8" getting into my fuel.

Side note.... the truck does have 2 fuel filters.  Guessing it was engineerings way to make sure they didn't have to spend the other 1.25 each vehicle on a fuel cap.

1 hour ago, HOSS said:

Here is another GREAT thing to have! This is worth it's weight in gold as far as I am concerned

Dee Zee DZ43301 Truck Tailgate Assist https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUF74HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KVloCbYKTE7R3

Thanks for the reminder mark.   I need to put mine on.  It's sitting on the bench in the garage.

I love that tailgate assist....

I always look at Geno's Garage first.

I've had my truck since 7/2015, never an issue. It is a two lid system, the first is the one you see, the second is activated by inserting the nozzle all the way in. Trust me on this, I didn't insert the nozzle all the once, it only takes once to learn. 

With that said, Geno's has an awesome selection of locking and non-locking caps.

Now to go and order that tailgate assist.....

On 1/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, HOSS said:

i have this on my 2005 and love it!

On 1/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, HOSS said:

I've had that on my '06 from the second week I picked the truck up.  It's actually funny opening it and watching people lurch to try adn grab it when I let go.

• Haha 1

409a29f575cfce90579528de3e4c8681.jpg

Got mine to install,now I need a truck!LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Such a polite Fuel cap! :right: I would want one that says HEY JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diesel only! 

On 1/16/2019 at 3:17 AM, HOSS said:

Such a polite Fuel cap! :right: I would want one that says HEY JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diesel only! 

I know a Guy....🤔

Not sure about that Steve, Wouldn't there need to be an "A" at the end?

Please Diesel Fuel,   A.....

Sheesh these silly amerkins... its Eh! 😀

Know what I mean eh? lol 

My cap I got from Geno’s is tethered so I don’t drop it or watch it roll away on my when fueling.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, carl20320 said:

Hmmm... you seem to know a lot of "Guys". :bunker:

Don’t judge me...🤣

Sheesh these silly amerkins... its Eh!
Know what I mean eh? lol 

My cap I got from Geno’s is tethered so I don’t drop it or watch it roll away on my when fueling.
Mine has a magnet to put it on the fuel door and not hanging g down scratching the truck