SMOKN05

New California exhaust fine

Heads up for anyone driving in California. As of Jan 1st they are enforcing a new loud exhaust law. Its the same 95db limit as before but now it is NOT a correctable offence and it comes with a $1000 mandatory fine. Plus if you live in Cali you have a mandatory appointment with the state referee to inspect for any non-CARB compliant equipment on your vehicle. This applies to motorcycles too so basically every Harley out there is illegal. There is a CHP bulletin that was posted and it said the exhaust noise limit is SUBJECTIVE and determined by the police officer and what he thinks is loud or offensive. 

So far there are plenty of car guys on the internet that say they have already received a ticket for this. In one video a cop said they have a federal grant for this and are out patrolling specifically for this and he recommended getting the car fixed asap because there is no grace period and you can get pulled over a ticked repeatedly for this at $1000 each time.

I bet the state draws in so much money from fines its ridiculous. Gotta pay for those illegal sanctuary cities somehow.

BTW, since Seattle has a new exhaust noise law that is just as strict (if not more strict) don't be surprised if they up the fine to $1000 there either. The like following Cali's lead.

Let the vagrants do as they wish and treat the taxpayers like a credit card. Genius....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, after spending all day a childrens hospital with my kid while he was getting cancer treatments, then coming home with him crying and finally getting him to sleep and then to have some dipstick with straight pipes go full throttle by my house and wake the kid up and start the crying all over again has totally trashed any tolerance I had for loud pipes.  And after this happened the 3rd time in one night I almost stepped outside and did something stupid.  This played out over and over and over for three years.  At this point..... I say go get em!

• Sad 1

I have 2 mufflers now....