jcasper

Long drive tomorrow

I’m going to take snoqualmie.   It looks clear enough.  Almost to Renton now.  

Made it to Caldwell and back to baker city for the night.  750 miles today.  

no good deed goes unpunished though.  One of the thoroughbred horses I picked up went crazy outside of Yakima.  Got a leg up over a divider in the trailer and proceeded to kick the crap out of everything.  I felt it on the first kick and pulled over.   Had to back up to a wider spot, aced them heavily after unloading the calm mare that was in the last spot of the trailer.  After getting the stuck horse to settle I unlatched the divider and the weight of the horse ripped the aluminum hinges off the wall and after I drove the last pin out I got the divider out.   She wouldn’t put any weight on that one foot but we continued on.  We had no choice.  We pushed straight to the end and when we got there she walked out just fine but with a little limp and maybe a little drunk still from the meds. 

Made it home about 1:30.  What an adventure.  

Glad u r safe n sound .. sounds like it wasn’t fun 

Made it to Caldwell and back to baker city for the night.  750 miles today.  

no good deed goes unpunished though.  One of the thoroughbred horses I picked up went crazy outside of Yakima.  Got a leg up over a divider in the trailer and proceeded to kick the crap out of everything.  I felt it on the first kick and pulled over.   Had to back up to a wider spot, aced them heavily after unloading the calm mare that was in the last spot of the trailer.  After getting the stuck horse to settle I unlatched the divider and the weight of the horse ripped the aluminum hinges off the wall and after I drove the last pin out I got the divider out.   She wouldn’t put any weight on that one foot but we continued on.  We had no choice.  We pushed straight to the end and when we got there she walked out just fine but with a little limp and maybe a little drunk still from the meds. 
That sucks about your trailer. Hauling horses for somebody else has never been without incident for me either. I guess that's why they are looking for a stranger to haul for them.
I had a quarter horse in my old 4 horse straight load trailer kick the hell out of the door of my trailer for 100 miles. My door was ruined and the horses hocks were hamburger. No serious long term injury to the horse.

I might be able to help you fix the trailer when I get back home Joe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torque Monkey said:

I might be able to help you fix the trailer when I get back home Joe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought about calling you.  I dropped it off at a fabricator guy I know in forest grove.  He does some fab work for us and can get it done in the next couple days and I need it done by the 18th at the latest. 

I hate chaining up.  the wife chain are a lot easier than the trucker style on the Dodge.  No sure I could run chain on the front wheels as the tires already rub.

If i move the front wheel forward will that stop the rub on the lower control arm.  it not bad, it the Mud terrain side wall lugs. no wear marks, just some missing paint.

Edited by Packards42