No time like the present to start this thread....  

Just saying it’s the second.....  he’s late!

We head out tomorrow 

I am already looking forward to the end of May when I take the wife and kid to Alaska!!!! 

Would love to get over East for some winter walleye fishing! 

when and where are you going in alaska? i will be on a cruse ship up in alaska the last two weeks in may
May 30th thru June 4th

Went out for Kokanee on Merwin last Sunday.  Didnt see Scott :(

We were rocking a new TR1 Autopilot and planer boards dragging six sets of gear through the water!  Only one hookup, but the day was more about getting the autopilot and gear dialed in!

merwin1.jpg

merwin2.jpg

I am looking forward to getting my TR1 dialed in.
I have the same poles! Good Kokanee gear!

• Like 1

You're going to Baker lake right Hoss?  The furthest north this boat has fished in is Riffe, it's home port is in Kelso but I'd like to try up there sometime.  

Baker is only open for Skagit county residence from now on. LOL.

You're going to Baker lake right Hoss?  The furthest north this boat has fished in is Riffe, it's home port is in Kelso but I'd like to try up there sometime.  
I fished Baker for sockeye quite a bit the first two years it was open. I have been up a few times since but I quickly grow tired of combat fishing and loosing gear thanks to people running over my gear.
The launches are a madhouse if you can get a spot at one of the campgrounds with a launch it's much better.

Hmm  Maybe you need to come down south!  Merwin for Sockeye and Yale for Coho :)

Been working a little on the new boat. Still have to get the old one sold, but that's another story. 

Got the thru hull transducer installed on Saturday. It's an Airmar B175-HW. Should help refine my shallow water fishing. I will retain the transom mount GT51M-TM for now. This gives me side and down vu. And a Medium 600W chirp element. Should be good to over 1000'.

Here's a few pics I posted on facebook. I'll add some more of the chartplotters and I think I am going to add the rear view camera for rod watching. I still have to get the autopilot in, hang the kicker, get the tie bar situated, hang the downriggers and a bunch of other little stuff. Pics to follow. Oh, and I need to come up with some inexpensive LED spreader lights. 

plZ5EKUXLWvr7Sj5Dx2XKZqUYGOmLlMTbhGI3lB4

5tLAauf2eSJfPjb_5ouO1mIAxztjt-BH_k---mnT

51XmzNi_IpdoO9jibGOygBdgdbaCS9BtpnYbLnj3

Dave

Talk about shallow water fishing!  The 2902 will boondog!!!

cowlitzmistake.jpg

1 hour ago, Big Russ said:

Talk about shallow water fishing!  The 2902 will boondog!!!

cowlitzmistake.jpg

😂

On 2/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, Fishin2Deep4U said:

Been working a little on the new boat. Still have to get the old one sold, but that's another story. 

Got the thru hull transducer installed on Saturday. It's an Airmar B175-HW. Should help refine my shallow water fishing. I will retain the transom mount GT51M-TM for now. This gives me side and down vu. And a Medium 600W chirp element. Should be good to over 1000'.

Here's a few pics I posted on facebook. I'll add some more of the chartplotters and I think I am going to add the rear view camera for rod watching. I still have to get the autopilot in, hang the kicker, get the tie bar situated, hang the downriggers and a bunch of other little stuff. Pics to follow. Oh, and I need to come up with some inexpensive LED spreader lights. 

plZ5EKUXLWvr7Sj5Dx2XKZqUYGOmLlMTbhGI3lB4

5tLAauf2eSJfPjb_5ouO1mIAxztjt-BH_k---mnT

51XmzNi_IpdoO9jibGOygBdgdbaCS9BtpnYbLnj3

Dave

You can store the old boat at my place for a while if you need to...

1 hour ago, Torque Monkey said:

You can store the old boat at my place for a while if you need to...

Especially with Springers showing up!

Dave

• Like 1

Fish finder for the old boat is here. Need to swap down rigger mounts and put the Penns on. Should have the kicker tilt motor any day and it's ready for a new owner. 

Dave

2 hours ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

Especially with Springers showing up!

Dave

🤣 Maybe...

The Sealions have been going crazy in front of the house. There are hundreds of them out on the River.

5 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

🤣 Maybe...

The Sealions have been going crazy in front of the house. There are hundreds of them out on the River.

Really...  I owe you a trip...  tell me when they're in there.  

As Ben said, the sealions were out in force on Saturday at Stella.  Bet they are barking up a storm at night!

The Cowlitz river smelt are moving in. The seals and birds are destroying them. 

I can remember back before we had the seal issue we cold get 10 lbs in a single dip. now it's largely closed and you have to really work for a few pounds. 

Dave

9 hours ago, Big Russ said:

Really...  I owe you a trip...  tell me when they're in there.  

They are out there right now... and they don't appear to be going anywhere. LOL!

54 minutes ago, carl20320 said:

As Ben said, the sealions were out in force on Saturday at Stella.  Bet they are barking up a storm at night!

And all day. Me and the dogs bark back. LOL! It is really funny how some of them just carry on.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:14 AM, Torque Monkey said:

They are out there right now... and they don't appear to be going anywhere. LOL!

And all day. Me and the dogs bark back. LOL! It is really funny how some of them just carry on.

Creel reports are saying nothing caught last week - of the fisherman they checked...  I'll be down weekend after next.