Torque Monkey

ISO 60's Dodge front clip (older than first Gen)

I am looking for a the grill and associated parts for a mid 60's Dodge truck. I want to make it as flat as possible (bumper, grill headlights and such) to hang on the wall in my shop. I really have no leads on such a thing. If anyone has an idea where i can find the parts i would appreciate.

I'm looking for this style...

image.png

I'll keep an eye out, it's amazing what you see parked in fields around eastern Wa.  Don't bother doing it if you're not gonna make all the lights light up!  On the other hand, I might want it for myself lol.

That is exactly the plan. When I was walking through the swap meet i saw just the grill sitting in the back of a truck. The idea has stuck with me ever since...

• Like 1

I used to have a chrome 2nd gen grill on the wall in my apartment with cool blue lights behind it. A self aligning spherical roller bearing for a 12” diameter shaft in the corner and a shaft coupling stud that was 6” in diameter and about 24” long... with the nuts on each end. Somehow that stuff disappeared over the years 😢

Edited by Woodenhead

My BIL works with a guy that has a old Dodge pickup hot rod. I believe its from that era. I'll see what I can find out.

I can find complete trucks in my area seen some cheap as $500 not sure logistics to get it to you I could probably drop it by my dads halfway between Caldwell Idaho and Ontario Oregon. If you’re serious I will keep my eyes open and let you know when one comes up. Might be cool to get the bed and make a shop bench with it. 

I am dead serious. For the right deal I would drive, a lot. 

0b34a818c5ce3d0f4155dc9f6b0c8409.jpg

Like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don’t have the budget for something that expensive that I am just going to cut the nose off. Also that one seems to be the bigger truck version. I like the 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton front instead. That is the right style though.

That’s the 2 ton version has 14 or 16 foot dump bed gives you the parts to build dump trailer lol. 

I picked up a parts truck for my 1957 dodge I plan to mount the front clip from it on the shop wall one day was stocked to find rust free floor now to resume work on it hopefully soon will have house with garage supposed to close next week and plan is to try and build shop by summer 

• Like 1

Unrelated 

Yogi good luck to new digs/beginnings