mr. cob

Need anew Goodyear G114 tire 215/75R 17.5 Load Range H

Howdy All,

When the rear spring bolt feel out on the passenger side of my trailer it caused the axle to shift and in so doing ruined the tire.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a decent price on one of these very expensive tires?   I can buy one online and have it shipped to the house for free at a cost of $388.00  That's close to two hundred bucks less then anyone I have contacted will sell the tire and by the time it mounted and balanced the price is darn close to 700 bucks.  I don't want to buy it online as I won't have a clue how old the tire is until I get it, I am sure to sell such a tire so much cheaper then a tire shop the tires have to be old and close to their expiration date.  I put to many miles on tires to buy one that's 4-5 years old before I put it on but at the same time I want to get as good a deal as I can on a current tire.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dave

MHO .. it's best to go to a high volume tire dealer like Discount Tire Direct [on line] to make sure the tire will be as fresh as possible 

as to prices , I have found them to be very competitive ...   if I can't buy a tire at Costco that's where I go 

Edited by GTroyer

6 hours ago, GTroyer said:

MHO .. it's best to go to a high volume tire dealer like Discount Tire Direct [on line] to make sure the tire will be as fresh as possible 

as to prices , I have found them to be very competitive ...   if I can't buy a tire at Costco that's where I go 

Howdy Gary,

Thanks for tip, I have never bought anything other then motorcycles tires on line I'll check this out.

Dave

My tire guy only charges me $25 each tire to mount and balance if I pay cash... He is top drawer too. Why so much for mount and balance ready to install Dave?

Tires are getting so expensive... Its driving me nuts. I need two new front tires on my truck soonish.... More $$$ out ... 

As Gary mentioned, Discount Tire through their online store ships to a store for free and then you know the drill from there.  Bought my last set of tires that was and beat the best price I could find otherwise by $450.

Edited by carl20320

Howdy All,

Well I got a tire, I went online and looked, prices all over the place the cheapest was from Simple Tire some warehouse in the midwest $383.00 shipped to my door.  Looked local and the cost of the tire ranged from 575 to 675 dollars for ONE tire, Les Schwab wanted 726 dollars installed.

I called a long time friend of mine who owns Snohomish Transmission in Monroe and asked Rick if he could recommend a local tire shop that didn't rip you off he said call Purcell and talk to them so I did.  Long story short new tire mounted, balanced taxes disposal fees and a NEW state recycle fee out the door price $423.68  the tire only cost 303 dollars the rest is fees taxes mount and balance.  So if your looking for tires give these folks a call you WILL save money "Purcell Tire and Service" in Monroe WA, 360-805-5049

Oh and another thing, when I was shopping online for a tire I asked what the build date of the tire would be every person I talked to told me that the tire would not be older the FIVE YEARS OLD and probably not newer then FOUR YEARS OLD.  That's why they are selling them cheap no reputable local tire shop would sell you a tire that old, at tire has a useful life even if its rarely used on the road, I would wager that 90% of the tires used on any type of RV will age out long before they wear out. about 7 years, 8 years MAXIMUM before they are dried out it dosen't matter how much tread is on it an old tire is going to fail its just a matter of when.

Dave

Who covers that tire if you have a problem out on the road?

I always have to weigh in on the What if? As part of the price.

I've pretty much bought all tires in the last 10 years from Discount tire.

But I will have Boat Trailer tires to do next and I'm leaning towards Les Schwab for the coverage after the sale. 

They have a store in Moses Lake and Othello. The two most common places for the boat trailer to be.

I got a flat at Mardon last summer with Ron R.  He drove me to Othello to have it repaired. Les Schwab did it no charge.

9 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

Who covers that tire if you have a problem out on the road?

I always have to weigh in on the What if? As part of the price.

I've pretty much bought all tires in the last 10 years from Discount tire.

But I will have Boat Trailer tires to do next and I'm leaning towards Les Schwab for the coverage after the sale. 

They have a store in Moses Lake and Othello. The two most common places for the boat trailer to be.

I got a flat at Mardon last summer with Ron R.  He drove me to Othello to have it repaired. Les Schwab did it no charge.

Howdy Paul,

I went to Les Schwab and Discount tire, neither place stocked this tire it would have to be special ordered, Schwab wanted 603 dollars for the tire, Discount wanted 597 and couldn't guarantee a tire that would be less then FIVE YEARS OLD, most of the tires they sell come out of a warehouse back in the midwest and are old stock that other dealers won't handle.

The tire is covered by the Goodyear warranty good at any Goodyear dealer anywhere in the country.  I have been buying tire from Schwab for the last 30 years but their price on this tires was crazy, it wouldn't have been cost effective to buy it from Schwab as I travel many States that Schwab dosn't cover so why pay the extra money.

Dave

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, livingez_123 said:

Do you have room to upgrade to 19.5" wheels?

Tire seems to be more readily available.

Howdy livingez_123,

I paid BIG money to go from 16 inch to 17.5 three years ago, I have no idea if a person can get a 19.5 wheel with the correct offset for the trailer.  If this is something that is possible I am sure some of the folks I know who tow trailers that weigh much more then mine would have done it.

Dave