Scotty_

Odd wiper issue...

11 hours ago, SMOKN05 said:

I'm running a single Odyssey 2150 in my truck. It's decent but cranks slow when cold. When it gets down to single digits it barely will start it cranks so slow. I'm not really happy about that. It almost left us stranded in Yellowstone in winter a couple years ago. The factory batteries and the Napa Golds I used would crank just fine even at -20F left unplugged. 

I have used the small Odyssey 680 batteries in my sports cars and they worked great but they are old, thus 2150 is only a few years old. So maybe their quality has gone downhill. 

It seems that Chinese crappy quality has creeped into everything these days so it wouldn't surprise me if batteries are the same. 

Sounds similar to what I’ve heard elsewhere Shawn. 

Costco site sends me to a vendor page and it shows the H7 Energizer battery and when I click on it the page says sorry no information.

So i called the store and the guy argued with me that there’s no such thing as an H7 battery.

Minimum wage flunky. I told Gary the starting wage here is 11/hr 

triple checked the number because I also thought it was odd but Walmart has the same AG H7 on the shelf in stock. 

I will check with the dealer tomorrow as they’ve actually offered fair pricing and long warranties lately.

Times do change...as does Quality.

Sorry you had that expierence  , wish I could do something about that,  boils my blood to hear those type of stories 

Scotty ... I took the liberty , copied and pasted your concerns to the only contact I still have in the corporate headquarters and asked him to talk or forward your comments to the Canada General Manager over the buying office in Non Foods buying and also to the US counterpart .. in hopes that they would take notice and revisit the training / buying policies in the areas of concern we've been discussing here. .My contact is an original OG 30+ year guy and really cares also as to Costco's reputation / word of mouth comments in both direction good or bad

• Like 1

I've been running Walmart EverStart Maxx batteries.  Made by Johnson Controls and warrantied 36 mos replacement, 60 mo prorated.  The Costco in Vancouver is selling Interstate Batteries but being I'm only on my 1st replacement set in 12 years, I don't see a reason to change.

• Like 1

Johnson Controls Automotive battery division was sold yesterday for 13 billion.

Yesterday I learned that there is a group 94 battery, an H7 which is what the supplier to Costco calls their replacement and there’s also an L4 battery.

The dealer said the Group 94 is what they use and then I found out its too big for the trays in a 16.

CCA has changed as well for this model year.

was 800-850 now its 730 and apparently with all the electronics the lower CCA is preferred. Not sure why.

I don’t think this should be such a big ordeal.

Eventually I’ll get what I need.

https://bumpertobumperradio.com/latest-news/item/939-how-many-major-automobile-battery-manufacturers-are-there-interstate-batteries

Edited by Scotty_