HOSS

Guess who??

I was behind this bomber on Saturday on my way home from work. Very nice rig aecda2f188178c7622473f55c2e8a5f5.jpg

• Like 1

By the way I need to let the owner know at every right turn there was a liquid (I hope NOT from the blackwater tank) pouring out from under his toy hauler. I stayed back far enough to not find out the hard way what it was.

Here is a little (actually a big) hint 6f6495d96d2383df9be1ca6c76155ab9.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HOSS said:

Here is a little (actually a big) hint 6f6495d96d2383df9be1ca6c76155ab9.jpg

I like how you are driving and taking pictures at the same time..... Are you a teenager again?ūüėĀ

I like how you are driving and taking pictures at the same time..... Are you a teenager again?
I am sitting at a stop light taking that picture.

I like how you are driving and taking pictures at the same time..... Are you a teenager again?
The first picture Terry took while sitting in the passenger seat. Is that ok?

5 hours ago, HOSS said:
5 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

I like how you are driving and taking pictures at the same time..... Are you a teenager again?emoji16.png

I am sitting at a stop light taking that picture.

Driving.....:pot_stirrer:

• Haha 1

Howdy All 

I always stop at the rest stop just south of the Arlington exit on I-5 north bound to drain my tanks in the trailer and then stop at the truck stop west of I-5 at the Arlington exit to fill the fuel tanks before going home that way when I leave for my next trip I am ready to go 

The liquid coming from the trailer was freash water I wanted to make sure it was all drained so I would not have any freezing problems the only way it fully drains is to drive with the drain open 

Dave

Edited by mr. cob

my newer trailer [the 2015 Arctic Fox] has a drain I have wished for , for years ... it has a dump valve like the black water drain and also near the Black/Grey water drains so you see it when at the drain station .. when I pull that valve the trailer drains in about a minute when the tank is full [60 gallons] .. I mean it really dumps !!

still have to do a winterizing here as the cold temps will freeze this thing up [valves and lines]  .. we're seeing some freezing temps at night already..

I blow the lines while I doing other jobs to clean and tidy it up .. take one of my 2000W Honda generators and my pancake compressor to the storage lot and attach it to the street water inlet power the Genset up and plug in the compressor , attach the air to water adapter and hook up the compressor ..travel around to all the water faucets one at a time and open [toilet and shower too] .. have to go back a couple times to make sure it's all out .. I set the regulator to 20 PSI and do one valve/ line at a time .. year before last I forgot the 12 volt pump line .. not sure that was the cause but I lost the pump [that was at Mikes place and his Nephew got down into the cabinets and changed out the pump for me :) .. Thanks Rick 

wonder if a trailer without a drain like mine could be retro fitted ??   makes totaling draining the water tank REAL FAST !! 

Edited by GTroyer

Howdy Gary 

I do as you do to your trailer my freash water tank holds 165 gallons and even when opening the large dump valve it still takes a while to empty

It had stopped draining at the rest stop but past experience has proven it still had considerable water in it and the only way to get it out was to drive home with the valve open 

Dave

165 Capacity ... that's great , guess that big unit need such a large tank , what's the weight loaded on that rig got to be 20-22K or more 

Toy haulers are weird.

My old trailer had 40 gallons fresh 35 black 35 grey

My toy hauler has 100 gallons fresh, 35 black 35 grey

The four of us had showers every day and could go 5 days 4 nights without running out of water in the old trailer.  The new toy hauler we could go 10 days easily.

1 hour ago, GTroyer said:

165 Capacity ... that's great , guess that big unit need such a large tank , what's the weight loaded on that rig got to be 20-22K or more 

Howdy Gary,

20,000 gross, 4,500 carrying capacity.  165 gallons fresh water, 50 black 80 gray in the bath, 30 in the kitchen, I up graded to 17.5 tires and wheels so it'll carry the weight and then some and still be safe.

Dave

11 minutes ago, marksmith said:

Toy haulers are weird.

My old trailer had 40 gallons fresh 35 black 35 grey

My toy hauler has 100 gallons fresh, 35 black 35 grey

The four of us had showers every day and could go 5 days 4 nights without running out of water in the old trailer.  The new toy hauler we could go 10 days easily.

Howdy Mark,

I think the deal with toy haulers having large fresh water tanks is they know your going to get dirty so they try to give you some water to stay reasonably clean if your out for a while.

Dave

1 minute ago, MSquare said:

How many people does it take to lift that Smart car onto the deck?

Howdy MSquare,

The very first question out of most folks mouths when we pull into a campground is, "How do you get that car up there?"  My smart a$$ answer is I wait until four people ask the question then we all grab a corner and lift it, that usually gets a laugh then I tell them about the ramps.  The Smart Car weight about 1,900 pounds so it would take some pretty BIG fellows to lift it.

Dave

• Like 1