C Paul Go

Jetta Headlights

My headlight lenses on the 2006 Jetta are done.  I have done the polish, I've done the other stuff.

I'm going to order new replacement off of Amazon unless I get different input here.

Don't need anything crazy, just back to the original level of light and look coming from them.

Figure I'll go with the Amazon Prime ones.  Anybody have any bad experience with them?  It's a complete assembly.

Ben has some really nice looking headlights on him Jetta I think they are glass.
I am watching this thread mine suck as well.

suggest save the old ones . when time allows do the sanding fix [true fix] and bring them back to original condition for spares .. never know when a rock or local wildlife ruin a light , nice to have one on the shelf.

• Like 1

Gary, send me your address. I'll ship them to you.   I think only a retired guy could afford the time to sand on my set.....  When I say bad I mean really bad.

New sets are about 150 bucks for the pair.

• Haha 3

The projectors on my Jetta are plastic. The low beams are cut off pretty low but the high beams are great.

I have replaced the lenses before. It isn’t bad. When I did it, immediately after a deer decided to stick it’s face through one of them. Only the glass lenses will hold up. Not sure if glass is available for years outside of the MK4’s.

I have also done lots of polishing and also tried sanding and painting with clear coat. Nothing work well for very long. Replacement is the only thing that has lasted any amount of time.

This is a MK5 I believe (2006)

Thanks for the info Ben.

I was guessing forsure that you were going to offer to sell me a set connected to a car of course.... LOL

4 minutes ago, C Paul Go said:

This is a MK5 I believe (2006)

Thanks for the info Ben.

I was guessing forsure that you were going to offer to sell me a set connected to a car of course.... LOL

Oh, that is an option also.... but I will keep that in the other thread.😉

Yea MK5's got it easy.  Get some E-code projectors and drop a D2S HID kit in.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/mk5_jetta_projector_headlight/

I put some Morimoto's in my MK4 and it is insane, but same thing - lower than I'd like. 😞  Spent forever with the Beamaligner and a bunch of shims but it just can't get there and be adjusted right.  The car's too low.  But I can see every droplet of rain hit the pavement and I swear I've seen the seeds falling out of the tumbleweeds!

For my 03 jetta I replaced the plastic with glass from vx tuning for $60 to my door.  Heated them in my oven for 2 minutes and peeled the old plastic off and put the new glass on with new goop and they are way better than before.  cheep and quick

1 hour ago, bbowe said:

Yea MK5's got it easy.  Get some E-code projectors and drop a D2S HID kit in.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/mk5_jetta_projector_headlight/

I put some Morimoto's in my MK4 and it is insane, but same thing - lower than I'd like. 😞  Spent forever with the Beamaligner and a bunch of shims but it just can't get there and be adjusted right.  The car's too low.  But I can see every droplet of rain hit the pavement and I swear I've seen the seeds falling out of the tumbleweeds!

Exactly! I tried a bunch of different things. Nothing really seemed to be affective.

I ordered off of Amazon last night.   ***** was all positive feedback.  Just going with a Philips H7 Crystal Vision bulb for now.

Head light assemblies were $123 for the pair.

I ordered off of Amazon last night.   ***** was all positive feedback.  Just going with a Philips H7 Crystal Vision bulb for now.

Head light assemblies were $123 for the pair.
So what did you get?

These85f84cebef24a1643362eb8217ade4bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For that price I'll buy a new set every 10 years and never polish again.....