Jump to content
SMOKN05

clutch not disengaging

Recommended Posts

Went to drive the truck this morning. Back out of driveway and the clutch pedal goes soft and clutch won't disengage. I can't get it out of reverse so I shut the truck off, shift to neutral and start it. I get it in 1st gear and back into the driveway. Let it sit and the pedal recovers extremely slowly. I'm thinking the slave cyl is sticking or the fluid is bypassing or something. It's a South Bend master/slave setup. 

 

Didn't have time to look at it. Might try flushing the fluid later sometime. It's getting really old having to fix something on the truck every other time I drive it. And everything for it is expensive! But, it's still a good truck and I need a truck so I can't sell it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May be that the seals in the slave or master took a dookie. 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for a new one. It's the hydraulics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Peter and get new hydraulics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's a lesson I keep relearning Gary. :)  It is what it is I guess. I'm just past my wanting to modify everything stage like when I was younger. I just want to hop in every vehicle I have and drive it without any issues. Its been a great truck and the SB FE clutch and heavy duty hydraulics have been in there for about 10yrs and 125K miles. I know I can't complain. Its the bad part about having so many vehicles, trying to keep them all fixed up is like playing "Whack A Mole". Every time you turn around, something else pops up. I have 7 vehicles on my property, 3 don't run and the truck is always trying to make it 4. :right: 

 

I know, I know, get rid of some right? But they all have a specific purpose and they're all special!! :lol: 

 

 

 

 

 

I may have a mental problem.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SMOKN05 said:

 

 

I know, I know, get rid of some right? But they all have a specific purpose and they're all special!! :lol: 

 

 

 

 

 

I may have a mental problem.....

Well, cash buys more ammo, more ammo buys peace of mind. You can only drive one at a time so thin the heard now while you can. Before long they will all need fixing and you won't have anything to drive!

I only have one that I consider special, everything else has a price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the too many vehicle thing.  I have 4 cars, 2 trucks, 4 trailers, a boat, a slide in camper, and I don't even know how many motor cycles any more but at least 7 with street licenses......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rubystargoats said:

I get the too many vehicle thing.  I have 4 cars, 2 trucks, 4 trailers, a boat, a slide in camper, and I don't even know how many motor cycles any more but at least 7 with street licenses......

Is there such a thing as to many vehicles? As a single guy I have 2 trucks a car a boat a 5th wheel. 

I think you should reconsider the friendship of someone who says you have too many vehicles I mean does anybody really need that kind of negativity. 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yogi_160 said:

Is there such a thing as to many vehicles? As a single guy I have 2 trucks a car a boat a 5th wheel. 

I think you should reconsider the friendship of someone who says you have too many vehicles I mean does anybody really need that kind of negativity. 😂😂😂

 

Amen to that. Vehicles are like tools and guns, they all have a purpose and you need more than one to get stuff done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being the owner of an old truck,an old car,an old boat and an old body, I can relate to working on vehicles to keep them on the road.

It seems like the older the vehicles get the more tinkering I have to do to keep them running and driving safely and quietly. 

And,the older I get,the less I am thrilled about crawling under a vehicle to do repairs.

Sometimes I think about selling the truck and car and getting a newer truck like Hoss has...

My wife is actually almost on board with that amazingly...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Abbyfireguy said:

Being the owner of an old truck,an old car,an old boat and an old body, I can relate to working on vehicles to keep them on the road.

It seems like the older the vehicles get the more tinkering I have to do to keep them running and driving safely and quietly. 

And,the older I get,the less I am thrilled about crawling under a vehicle to do repairs.

Sometimes I think about selling the truck and car and getting a newer truck like Hoss has...

My wife is actually almost on board with that amazingly...

 

sounds like a great plan !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having a spare vehicle or two takes the sweat off when one does break, just sayin.

We have 3 to drive 2, and I will not go lower than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×