Project_dog

12 Valve Injectors question

I see that is there is all sorts of injectors out there for the 12v. From 50, 75, 100, and 140 hp over stock. Then I see,  94-98 5.9L 12V Cummins Contagious 5x.011 SAC Injectors. Anyone want to clear up on what the cummins Contagious 5x.011 SAC Injectors are?  

What would be the safe HP over stock on a stock pump? 

I think he is looking for some info on these injectors not which outfit to buy injectors from. 

Here is some info on sac injectors. I know nothing about the  Contagious diesel company 

sac vs vco

• Like 1

I think he is looking for some info on these injectors not which outfit to buy injectors from. 
Here is some info on sac injectors. I know nothing about the  Contagious diesel company 
sac vs vco
My appologies for not getting through the entire post before responding.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

12v injectors are dirty.  One type is even dirtier than the other.. LOL the end.

1 hour ago, C Paul Go said:

12v injectors are dirty.  One type is even dirtier than the other.. LOL the end.

That's a fact.  I was running OEM Bosch 370s (from PDR back in the day) and they were pretty dirty as expected.  I then got a killer deal on a set of brand new DDP4s and swapped those in expecting them to clean up the idle haze a bit, not really any improvement.  I don't think I noticed much improvement in power either.

Brian (I think I got that right), there's nothing "unsafe" about running big injectors on a stock pump, it won't hurt the pump, you'll just get to a point where you're not getting the full benefit from the big injectors, just a bunch of heat and smoke with crappy mileage.  It all depends what you're planning on doing with this truck but if you're hungry for a bit more power I'd consider ditching that #5 plate and either custom grinding a "#100" out of a stock plate or installing a #10, you could pick up 50hp over that #5.  I'm out of the loop on injectors these days but bigger isn't always better.

Edited by Woodenhead