Abbyfireguy

One more sleep

Heading out tomorrow morning on our moose trip up north. Getting pretty excited to see what presents itself for harvest.

That area also has a decent herd of elk so I also have an elk tag in my pack...

Found a great butcher a few days ago. The number of butchers that cut game meat in my area are few and far between. 

My daughter and I went and checked out his shop, great guy,clean facility and a good 10 year history in the business.

Driving by myself in my truck as my pal Mike has to stay home till Tuesdsy then fly up to Prince George. His best friend who was his best man at his wedding took his own life this past week and 

Mike is a pallbearer and giving a eulogy. Not a good thing to have dropped on us, pretty sad.😢

I will meet the other two guys part way up there. 

Good Luck on the hunt and have a great time with hunt buddies , be safe out there :)

Hope you guys have a great time, certainly sounds like it is needed. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope you and your friend are able to talk about it. 

Good luck on your hunt!

One nice bull last Monday.. Got it into the butcher in Prince George to hang and cut. Will pick it up this Friday on our way home...

Such a beautiful country out here. Turned real cold last night and an Arctic front is here now with low of -6 Celsius and high of 5 Celsius till Saturday.. Should turn the rut on for the moose.. 

good camp,good firewood supply.

Didnt pick up Mike on Wednesday morning at PG Airport as he came down with viral meningitis and was in Vancouver General Hospital. For 4 days. 

Now no flights with brain illnesses or injuries, altitude changes are bad when recovering..

Oh well, back to glassing and calling...

Just another day in paradise. Had a large bull tease us a bit but didn’t present a shot.

Had my muffler back to tailpipe fall off... 

other than that not too exciting a day... 

Always wondered what a straightpipe exhaust sounded like..

• Like 1

enjoy that ride home  LOL

be safe out there Buddy

• Like 1

Don’t think it should look like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

138ac50557b5b506f5dc1a976e7b5e2a.jpg

• Like 1

Don’t think it should look like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
138ac50557b5b506f5dc1a976e7b5e2a.jpg
Sure it should.......half way though an exhaust change!

if you haven't already thought of it yet  ... be careful as to fumes inside the cab on drive home , but with your background I'm sure you have :)

The exhaust pipe that still exists is about 2 feet ahead of the rear end... glad it didn’t break under cab...

I will be careful of the fumes Dad! 😇

I had a couple of exhausts fall off my trucks, but never on accident

• Haha 1

Home,safe and sound. Tagged our second bull on Wednesday night at last light.

He laid down in some Poplar trees and it took us 45 mins to find him as it got dark quickly!

Twice as big as the first little bull.

No battle scars and his teeth were not worn down(not too old).

Didnt get him back to camp and  hung up in the trees until 2 a.m. 

Too many bears around to leave him out in the bush till morning.

It got real cold that night(-12), so the meat cooled down nicely.

At the butcher in Mission yesterday the skinned quarters weighed 614 lbs,,, by comparison the little guys quarters were 358 on the hook.

It was a long but enjoyable trip. Nice to have Uncle Doug out at 87 years young,and really nice that he pulled the trigger on the first moose. He also was stellar on grouse with his little 410 Remington  870. 

He was nationally ranked in trap and skeet for many years in his younger days...