HOSS

Thank God for new technology!!!

I was at Nelson petroleum fueling up a couple hours ago and I scrolled though the info on the dash and when I hit the tire pressure page it showed my driver's side rear tire 15lbs low! I grabbed my tire gauge and checked myself and it was dead on what the truck said. I started looking at the tire and saw a nail dead center in the middle of the tire. I am at Les Schwab getting it fixed now. I would not have noticed until it was most likely too late if not for the pressure gauges on the tires. The worst part is I was heading home to load the camper on for a trip in a couple days. That would have sucked to have it let go with the camper on and the boat in tow.

1 hour ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

It will usually throw a warning message when it gets too low.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

On 2500 trucks the tpms will warn. 

3500 trucks only have a monitoring system. It doesn’t care what psi you run. I’m currently 40 psi front and 33 psi rear. No light. 

GM products are the same way. Not sure about Ford

On 2500 trucks the tpms will warn. 

3500 trucks only have a monitoring system. It doesn’t care what psi you run. I’m currently 40 psi front and 33 psi rear. No light. 

GM products are the same way. Not sure about Ford
Hmmmm was not not aware of that.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Something with the government keeping their noses out of regulating tire pressure equipment over a certain gvw 

I am glad they dont have a warning myself. I change my air pressure so much that I dont want a damn bell going off every time I drop a few psi. I run more pressure when using the camper and towing and in the summer in general and air down for traction in the winter. I have 70 psi rear and 60 psi in front right now for hauling and will lower to 50 in front and 45 in the rear when empty. 

I tend to leave mine at 80 on all corners as I am usually towing when using the truck , and the very few times I use it empty it's not worth the trouble getting to the inner duals 

on edit .. forgot to add it would be nice to have sensors on the air though given it mostly tows 

Edited by GTroyer

9 hours ago, HOSS said:

I am glad they dont have a warning myself. I change my air pressure so much that I dont want a darn bell going off every time I drop a few psi. I run more pressure when using the camper and towing and in the summer in general and air down for traction in the winter. I have 70 psi rear and 60 psi in front right now for hauling and will lower to 50 in front and 45 in the rear when empty. 

Same here, I'm always messing with the pressures for the situation. Very glad I bought a 3500 to keep away from the warning lights and chimes. Mine doesn't have the sensors.

Edited by DRobinson

this explains why mine doesn’t have tpms sensors. For which I’m glad of course the ones on my Vw have saved me time or two 

I've been known to run mine 25/20.... then drop it to 10/8... those tpms thingamabobbers would drive me bonkers.... another darn light in the dash lol

This makes my day to see this.  I was planning to get a second set of tires and wheels for summer but was not looking forward to having to reprogram or swap sensors twice a year.  SO a light will be on my dash or not at all if not running toms on second set of tires.  2017 3500.

Shouldn’t have a light, just a couple hash marks and no data for tire pressure when in that menu

BUT..... tpms sensors aren’t expensive. 

On 10/2/2018 at 7:53 PM, marksmith said:

Mark-  How do you go about programming them,  off to the tire store?

Edited by ARam2NV

Once they start rotating, the computer picks them up automatically.