Torque Monkey

For Sale 1999.5 VW Jetta TDI

It time for my Jetta to move on. 1999.5 VW Jetta TDI ALH Diesel. 282,000 miles on it but it has been very well maintained. Malone Stage 1.5 tune with spec 215 injector nozzles, custom cold air intake and Southbend Endurance clutch. New timing belt and water pump at 260,000 miles. Tires on it now are brand new. I also have a second set of wheels but the tires are shot on those wheels. 20 inch LED light bar mounted in the front and is activated by the high beam switch when the fog light switch is on. New polyurethane front control arm bushings and new Bilstein shocks and struts all the way around.

Edit : I forgot to mention that it has a Bluetooth Sanyo Stereo with sub box in the trunk, it also has heated seats in the front and leather front and rear. It also has an aluminum skid plate under the engine from JSP in Canada.

I bought the car with 160,000 miles and it has had the oil changed every 10,000 miles since with Amsoil VW spec oil. 

This is is by far, the best car I have ever owned and has been very well maintained.

We are wanting $4,000.00 firm.

a3b91f2954312bd16997d8ba926e1f14.jpg

67433d5ce61fef99ac1a7a001033f278.jpg

e10f3656cc18a3c2e7a5d19dd1f899b8.jpg

We have to sell it to make room. We are signing papers on a 2012 BMW X5 diesel tomorrow. :ninja:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shawn bought a car and didn't get rid of one. Now hes thinking about getting a car hauler to store a car in...

Don't be like Shawn! Haha :right: 

good luck with the sale, it should sell quick I'd think!

8 hours ago, SMOKN05 said:

Shawn bought a car and didn't get rid of one. Now hes thinking about getting a car hauler to store a car in...

Don't be like Shawn! Haha :right: 

good luck with the sale, it should sell quick I'd think!

LMAO! I already have 2 garages, a shop and a enclosed car trailer with a car being stored in it.....

• Haha 1

This is the rig we are buying... did a test drive last night. Dang, they are nice!

00g0g_23JurxyVAfm_600x450.jpg

00404_3HjNxwDNOTO_600x450.jpg

00707_fc4NeTeFeJb_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Bumping this up. I had a Guy that was interested but he backed out.

What's the longevity on the VW engines? Idk.... 45mpg?

Did you have the stock wheels still?

10 hours ago, 199712valve said:

What's the longevity on the VW engines? Idk.... 45mpg?

Did you have the stock wheels still?

It is is not uncommon to see well over 400k on the ALH. This one has 282k on it and still runs just like the day I bought it. In order to get that life out of the engine the maintenance has to be done. I replaced the timing belt every 100k miles. Last one was done at 262k. When doing the timing belt I also replaced the water pump with an all steel pump and also changed all the rollers. A lot of other other parts have been changed also. New shocks and struts and new front control arm bushings. There are a bunch of rattles inside but the car is very mechanically sound.

It is very common for me to get 700 miles to a tank. I reset the trip odometer every time I fuel it up. It usually takes 14gallons to fill it.

700/14=50 miles per gallon. So I may be a little conservative on my estimate.

I don’t have the stock wheels and tires but I am sure I know. Couple people that would exchange for what is on there currently if the stock set up was needed.

The silver wheels above are the ones currently installed with new tires.

It is is not uncommon to see well over 400k on the ALH. This one has 282k on it and still runs just like the day I bought it. In order to get that life out of the engine the maintenance has to be done. I replaced the timing belt every 100k miles. Last one was done at 262k. When doing the timing belt I also replaced the water pump with an all steel pump and also changed all the rollers. A lot of other other parts have been changed also. New shocks and struts and new front control arm bushings. There are a bunch of rattles inside but the car is very mechanically sound.

It is very common for me to get 700 miles to a tank. I reset the trip odometer every time I fuel it up. It usually takes 14gallons to fill it.

700/14=50 miles per gallon. So I may be a little conservative on my estimate.

I don’t have the stock wheels and tires but I am sure I know. Couple people that would exchange for what is on there currently if the stock set up was needed.
I saw a guy that had over 600K on his ALH and never had an major failures.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to know... Let me think a bit about it. Thanks for all the info!!

• Like 1