HOSS

Fall is here

I am pretty sure we are done with summer.

Pouring rain the last couple days at my house. I had a thunderstorm parked over my house last night about 11:30 that woke me from the rain beating the house. Then the thunder and lightning started and shook the house. The noise and light were simultaneous so it was close. It was 52° outside this morning.

I guess it's getting close to starting the inside projects soon.

Cool mornings here too but still seeing mid 90’s daytime , might even see high 40’s for low this week

guess I’d better winterize the trailer soon as I won’t be using it until late December 

so how well is the dirt setteling on the new wall Hoss ??

I'm loving it.   I am so tired of everything being brown and dead this year.   I still have some things to accomplish on the outside, but I'll get it done between rain showers.   

Even had rain in Merritt,they don’t get lots...

Had to put an extra blanket on the bed, it was a little cooler in the trailer last night.

In the past three months we've had 0.02" of rain and about as many days of sunshine, minus the smoke. Which has all been perfect weather for getting 35 or so days in on the boat.  That being said it's certainly cooled off here as well.  By this time of the year I look forward to fall weather, fires in the back yard and working out in the yard again.  We'll hopefully get a couple more weekends in at the lake but wearing sweat shirts and not swimming.  Next time it rains I'm pretty sure my kids will be running around in it, almost like when it snows.

We got a bunch of rain yesterday. It was a sketchy ride home in the Jetta as it was hydroplaning most of the way home. I had to switch back to my older wheels last night as they have new rubber on them. Much better this morning.

My drive way is washed out pretty bad now. Guess I get to fix that next...

I don't know about the rest of you but I am about down with the heat anyhow. It has been crazy hot down here and I am actually looking forward to a bit cooler temps. Not ice, but just a bit cooler...

• Like 1

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

It been very chilly in the morning, and 70 in the afternoon.  These temps, and colder, I like. 

11 minutes ago, marksmith said:

It been very chilly in the morning, and 70 in the afternoon.  These temps, and colder, I like. 

I can't wait for the snow.  We need it this year.   

Amen brother!!!

I hope we get a winter that makes the 2016-2017 one look like a tropical vacation. The boys and I had a lot of fun that winter. They were pretty disappointed with the last one and in fact commenting the other day that they hope we get a bunch of snow this year. 

Must be the Canadian blood in them.

bd5cc8aff43b2aef26fa4913b15baea7.jpg

a12eba73cb3b9ade31f37921e1afbf09.jpg

33 minutes ago, Woodenhead said:

I hope we get a winter that makes the 2016-2017 one look like a tropical vacation. The boys and I had a lot of fun that winter. They were pretty disappointed with the last one and in fact commenting the other day that they hope we get a bunch of snow this year. 

Must be the Canadian blood in them.

2016-2017 repeat would be fine.  Just don't make it like the 2008-2009 ( I think that was the year).  We did not see our yard from mid-December until February.  Christmas Day, we had over 18" of snow.  I was clearing 3 trees that came down across the driveway to get to work and stepped off my packed drive.  Snow was a little deeper than crotch high. :shoveling-snow:  That was an unwelcome sudden surprise.  We had a mound of snow from where we cleared the driveway that was in the shade. It didn't fully melt until mid-April.

I'm still not ready for winter this year but I am tired of the heat and smoke.

I would go for another 2008-09, but I'm in the tire chain business so it's a little self serving.    

We had some fairly heavy downfalls yesterday. Standing water on I5 in several places. I swapped my tires and wheels on the 12 back to the stockers and added some mud flaps for hunting season. Problem is they are like driving on ice in this fresh rain. Can't say I haven't been enjoying it though, having tires you don't really care about is fun :burnout:

For the Next 10 day forecast we have a high of 84 a week from today .. all the others are mid 70’s to low 80’s .. a relief for sure 

3 hours ago, GTroyer said:

For the Next 10 day forecast we have a high of 84 a week from today .. all the others are mid 70’s to low 80’s .. a relief for sure 

Gary, we will hit 69 and 70 Tue/Wed of next week.  Rest are low to mid 60's.

I can wait for the night times to be mid/high 30's.  I give it two weeks.

9 hours ago, jcasper said:

I would go for another 2008-09, but I'm in the tire chain business so it's a little self serving.    

So is all this China trade war stuff making any issues for you?

10 hours ago, rubystargoats said:

So is all this China trade war stuff making any issues for you?

It’s making freight very expensive and hard to get space.  No tariffs on first two rounds.  Third round will hit us, but it sounds like that could be delayed until China and the US meet again.  

20 hours ago, marksmith said:

Will be in the market for a good set for 37/12.50’s....

Crap, that reminds me... I've got to see if my chains still fit my new tires.  I went to a 285/75/17 from the stock 265/70/17.  32" to 34"... My chains had slack but I'm not sure it is that much.

if not you can add a link or two on the ends..  EASY to do with a couple repair links

I had a dedicated snow plow I used when I lived in the mountains of Komieville , the chains were used 100% of the time do to the steep mountain I plowed, I rebuilt them many times , was a fall to do list item ... cross links always worn badly in one season and side chains saw lots of wear over the seasons use also .. I kept on hand repair parts and could actually build from parts a whole chain

best tool to use IMHO is a 24' set of bolt cutters, for cutting out the bad parts and they have a perfect notch right behind the jaws for re-crimping the new replacement parts... only tool needed for re-building .. I carried a bucket of assorted parts in the back end of the FJ40 plow rig so when I broke a chain I could jump out and fix it in a couple minutes.... same chain set lasted 15 + years when I sold the rig.

Edited by GTroyer
  • Like 1

if not you can add a link or two on the ends..  EASY to do with a couple repair links

I had a dedicated snow plow I used when I lived in the mountains of Komieville , the chains were used 100% of the time do to the steep mountain I plowed, I rebuilt them many times , was a fall to do list item ... cross links always worn badly in one season and side chains saw lots of wear over the seasons use also .. I kept on hand repair parts and could actually build from parts a whole chain

best tool to use IMHO is a 24' set of bolt cutters, for cutting out the bad parts and they have a perfect notch right behind the jaws for re-crimping the new replacement parts... only tool needed for re-building .. I carried a bucket of assorted parts in the back end of the FJ40 plow rig so when I broke a chain I could jump out and fix it in a couple minutes.... same chain set lasted 15 + years when I sold the rig.
I can rebuild chains in my sleep.....

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

I can rebuild chains in my sleep.....

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

And your wife doesn't like it when you do.........😨

• Like 2