HOSS

Put in some work!

Wash, clay bar, wax, slick, cleaned all the windows, polished the chrome and used a bunch of mother's back to black on the mud flaps and bumpers ect.....
I washed it at 5:30 this morning while it was still cool outside and no direct sunlight to cook the soap on the paint.
Took it into the shop to clay bar and wax and slick. I bought a bonus box of clay bar with 2 bars and a big bottle of detailer spray and a micro fiber cloth. I needed both bars to do the truck, half way through the first bar was full of crap.
I didn't bother to take before pictures because like Paul I keep my stuff so clean you wouldn't be able to tell the difference LOL
It cleaned up pretty nice but I still have some rock chips to take care of.
036af740f0ca73a658cfe3f6d6cae7ce.jpg00fed2837272067435207047160b5cb0.jpgd8a6bd354df23ea51b4ee011d7137237.jpg944a49ac69fefbdccadf93bb3cc08ebb.jpga6341fefbdf542a2837d7977816ec996.jpg

Mine next??

These pictures look exceptionally good. Your latest accessory is perfect. 

So shiney!!!
e5ff89f0db5eaab256c32ece1af90cf9.jpg

I need to do some work on mine. Bought the stuff but keep getting side tracked when I go out to the shop.

lLooks great Hoss! How things have changed. LOL!

That looks great!  BUT 2 CLAYBARS!!  Must have been stuff on that paint.  Is it smooth?  I'll update my post with my test the next day.

That looks great!  BUT 2 CLAYBARS!!  Must have been stuff on that paint.  Is it smooth?  I'll update my post with my test the next day.
Yes it's very smooth. The roof was horrible, I don't know what was on there but I am guessing they never washed the roof ever.
After washing and drying and pulling it into the shop when I sprayed the top with detailer and started rubbing it turned brown like muddy water. No damage on the paint and it waxed smooth and shiney.
I found several little things to correct. Both front mud flaps had missing screws and where loose. I replaced the all and they tight and right. One front fender flare was a little loose and I tightened it up. Minor stuff really.
Now I need to spend a day going through the inside. I have conditioned the leather once already but it needs more. It's in good shape but it was neglected.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HOSS said:

Yes it's very smooth. The roof was horrible, I don't know what was on there but I am guessing they never washed the roof ever.
After washing and drying and pulling it into the shop when I sprayed the top with detailer and started rubbing it turned brown like muddy water. No damage on the paint and it waxed smooth and shiney.
I found several little things to correct. Both front mud flaps had missing screws and where loose. I replaced the all and they tight and right. One front fender flare was a little loose and I tightened it up. Minor stuff really.
Now I need to spend a day going through the inside. I have conditioned the leather once already but it needs more. It's in good shape but it was neglected.

#glitterdeletemod for the inside?

Glitter delete is 100% complete!! The seat bolsters and few other spots need a couple more good doses of conditioner to get the leather back to where it should be.

Just now, HOSS said:
13 minutes ago, marksmith said:

Glitter delete is 100% complete!! The seat bolsters and few other spots need a couple more good doses of conditioner to get the leather back to where it should be.

You been using the chemical guys orange stuff?  

The green is awesome, but the orange brought the wifes rig right back into shape.

You been using the chemical guys orange stuff?  

The green is awesome, but the orange brought the wifes rig right back into shape.

Yes sir I have thanks to your educating me on it. I need to get a big jug of the green stuff. The smell is addictive!

Looking good Hoss! Very impressive amount of work to get done in the time you did.

I need to spend some time on mine. It's been a year since it had a good wax. I have no doubt I'll burn through some clay myself! Its also looking like I'm going to have to pull my wheels off to get all the brake dust off of them.

Unfortunately its going to have to wait until I get that 2nd gen moving under its own power as its taking up the room I need to detail out of the sun.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.