If the weather is decent and my back is up to it I'm going to wash and wax the truck this weekend.  Trucks in good shape wax wise but I do think it will will help with getting the dead bugs off the front after a drive to the lake.

Been 10 plus years since I waxed anything other than the boat. Beer fridge in the garage will be stocked prior.

For a second there, I thought this thread had nothing to do with trucks or boats. Figured Paul was doing a little manscaping. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pace yourself Paul.... 

Your truck probably still looks beautiful and the rest 

of us would call it good...

Your trucks and boats always look beautiful!

I remember way back in the day it was "slick"  

That goes back a few years
I still use slick. I got a bottle from Jesse for the Chevelle quite a while ago. A little goes a long way after a clay bar and wax.

I'm having mine ceramic coated.  Seems the North Idaho brush plays havoc on even the best wax.

From the rigs I have seen him do, it'll be worth the price tag.

IGL Quartz+ I believe. He stands behind it for 3 years of maintenance. Guys that had it done early last spring might as well have had it done yesterday. It’s hard enough that branches don’t leave the typical light colored pinstripes. 

IGL Quartz+ I believe. He stands behind it for 3 years of maintenance. Guys that had it done early last spring might as well have had it done yesterday. It’s hard enough that branches don’t leave the typical light colored pinstripes. 
Good to know.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'm up in the air on what i'll use.  I have Slick, I have the pure Carnauba or I have the stuff I bought from Griots.   If I go with the Griots I think I'll use the buffer I bought from them and make things go a little quicker.

Funny thing Steve, I got a message over Facebook on Tuesday from someone, It said my god you keep that truck shined up... LOL  Honestly been 2 years since it was waxed.

Well started first thing this morning. Washed, dried and waxed. Before pictures 348f053039dba67d19580343ce9a050a.jpg7296433e368e7fdc2b0c171ec10cc3a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After pictures 2d60b6328058019b31a4020bc9996eb7.jpg3039b0ca259b041c330384933b382aee.jpgca7c38b23d8dbb842446124aed2d2bf0.jpgf2ed23455030ef3d1770177d14b2e570.jpg

no offense ... I can not see a difference , you do such a nice job of keeping your rig in better than show room condition !!

my poor rig is a mess these days , shame on me 

• Like 1

Wow,,, I’m afraid to put any pictures up of my truck. 

It ain’t no beauty like your truck Paul! 

Those ghost flames are very nice!

Its a beautiful truck Paul! 

I agree it looked pretty clean before you started but the pictures dont show the real truth. 

I am going to go get a clay bar kit and wash clay bar and wax my truck today. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 5:37 AM, C Paul Go said:

I'm up in the air on what i'll use.  I have Slick, I have the pure Carnauba or I have the stuff I bought from Griots.   If I go with the Griots I think I'll use the buffer I bought from them and make things go a little quicker.

Funny thing Steve, I got a message over Facebook on Tuesday from someone, It said my god you keep that truck shined up... LOL  Honestly been 2 years since it was waxed.

So what did you end up using? 

Fantastic looking truck Paul! 

So what did you end up using? 
Slick, it's the easiest on and off. I did do it all by hand. No buffer.

Slick, it's the easiest on and off. I did do it all by hand. No buffer.

Saturday night we went to the Drive In located in Oak Harbor. (If you get the chance to do this, do it)

So it was dusty and people are driving by the truck all night.  Get home and I know the truck will have to be cleaned again in the morning.

Sunday unload the truck. Get out the detail spray and get ready to wipe the entire truck down. Then I decide I'm going to try my duster first.  The duster did the entire truck.

Only spray I used was glass cleaner on the windshield.  That made for quick work.

The Oak Harbor drive in is cool. I miss going to the one in Burlington when it was there. In high school I would back my old 62 Ford up into a spot and put the lawn chairs in back and had a box built in the back with a keg on ice in it.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.