livingez_123

Look what followed me home....

I just don't understand why these things keep happening to me.

I think it could be the German in my genes!

2001 VW Beetle, 1.8 turbo, 5spd, 157k, leather, heated seats, blah blah blah.

I only gave $200 for it!

IMG_7121.JPG

Edited by livingez_123
  • Like 2

Howd you swing 200 bones? Cause that's a sweet deal

I just don't understand why these things keep happening to me.

I think it could be the German in my genes!

2001 VW Beetle, 1.8 turbo, 5spd, 157k, leather, heated seats, blah blah blah.

I only gave $200 for it!

IMG_7121.JPG.3f615d76c71de597792c7e77f6eefbc2.JPG

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The guy was moving to NY the next day and he needed cash and I was lucky enough to be number one in line. It needs a few things, like a coil pack, brake light switch, O2 sensor, rear brakes and some cosmetic TLC. The interior is real nice, monsoon sound system, heated leather.....

• Like 1

Sounds like a winner. are you going to Keep it or flip it? 

Does Or. let you flip more than a few cars a year? in Washington I think it is 3.

8 hours ago, rubystargoats said:

Sounds like a winner. are you going to Keep it or flip it? 

Does Or. let you flip more than a few cars a year? in Washington I think it is 3.

What they don't know won't hurt them?

I don't know yet, I might keep it and drive it for a while or it will go down the road after I get a new engine in my Firebird.

I have a Buick I need to finish first but with only a couple of hours a day to work on it will get done when it gets done. I should have it running tomorrow.

Its 6 transactions a year last I checked. Above that they want you to have a dealer license.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have been picking up some new parts for the Beetle, all new crankcase breather hoses, a bunch of vacuum hoses, downstream O2 sensor, and a few other cosmetic items. I have 2 other cars a head of it so I'm in parts collection mode with it. I also picked up a real nice 2002 Buick Regal LS and it's loaded with all the bells and whistles. I'm finishing up putting a newer low mileage engine in it and it runs so nice and smooth. It has brand new tires on it and they still have the nubs on them. So as soon as that is done and sold I will put a newer low mileage engine in the Firebird and get it sold and then it will be the Beetles turn to get cleaned fixed up and hopefully by then I will have a direction to go in for my next daily driver.

Wow!  Nice deal!

Well the Buick is sold and down the road. The Firebird is on the back burner for now and the Beetle moved to the front of line!

Collected a few more new parts for it, front wheel bearings, LCA bushings and I picked up a tuned ECU. I put the ecu in today and drove it around the park and the turbo spools so much quicker! I drove 4angels Beetle after he had it tuned and it was impressive, this thing would leave it in the dust. So I guess I better start saving for a new clutch. I will start the minor repairs monday. I also found a score on a new set of wheels for $100.

I have a picture but I can't seem to resize it with my new tablet.  

Downloaded a picture resizing app......

2018-09-07-01-14-35-800x600.jpg

Edited by livingez_123
  • Like 1

Similar to the wheels I had on my beetle. 

IMG_1129.JPG

I dont remember- I thought they were 16" rims.  They were the stock size either way.

I have a small boost leak that squeals when it comes into boost. Now just trying to track it down and figure it out with no boost on the system.... I guess I could pressurize it somehow, now that's a brilliant thought.

I got a few more things taken care of today. I put on new front wheel bearings and hubs, new lower control arm bushings and new sway bar end links. The driver's side bearing was toast. It's much quieter now.

• Like 1

New coil packs went in and no more heat soak missfire. Found my boost leak, it was one of the check valve, it had broken apart. Replaced a few more vacuum lines and it's running so smooth now. All of my fuel trims and sensor readings are good. Now just some more fine tuning and tidy up the engine compartment and call it good. Then I can move on to the body next.

Been slowly taking care of the little things.

I went and did a few Wot runs in 2nd through 4th today and the numbers are as follows...

24psi boost

160gs from the MAF

11.9-12.2 on the AFR

As the gears went up boost slowly came down to 20psi at 5500RPM in 4th, the AFR crept up to 12.8 to1

It's very impressive for a little 1.8 liter but I think I should do some adjusting to keep the peak boost to 20psi. I don't want it to spit a rod out the side of the block.

This thing boost's real quick but just can't hold it on the top end and that is where the subies star to reel me in.

My old Beetle had a very difficult time getting to 85mph, this thing hits the triple digits in short order. 

I should sell it, but it's just too much dang fun to drive.

• Like 1

sound like fun, I glad to see your staying busy.   We final got caught up on our rental two vacating at once, a lot of clean up work, and there leased  again.