BOMBER Board
marksmith

Headlight upgrade for 2018 RAM (Or any 9005 bulb)

The 10w difference hasn’t melted anything that I have heard of. I’m running a 65w bulb in place of 55 in my Jetta too with no issue

• Like 1

My 2001 SPORT had better lights than this 2018 on low beam , I haven’t done the swap YET but plan on it when I get home . As it is now I run the fog lights when ever the lights are on 

the day I bought the new truck I drove it home at oh dark thirty .. I had lights on and was trying to figure if I was turning on only the parking lights and not headlights it was way darker than my stock  Sport 2001.5

17 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

My 2001 SPORT had better lights than this 2018 on low beam , I haven’t done the swap YET but plan on it when I get home . As it is now I run the fog lights when ever the lights are on 

the day I bought the new truck I drove it home at oh dark thirty .. I had lights on and was trying to figure if I was turning on only the parking lights and not headlights it was way darker than my stock  Sport 2001.5

It’s the reason I was looking for a better solution. You’ll like the difference 

Thanks to both Mark's! Hope you all are doing well!

Gary - I hear ya! I did the sport mod on my 02, one of the best BOMB's I did! Very disappointed on my 2015 lights! They look cool, put out nothing in stock form!

Edited by MSquare

A 7mm socket with extension will help by adjusting the stockers til you upgrade.

On my 16 I had my left a bit lower then the right after adjustment and it was perfect. they were aiming way too high from the factory unloaded.

Edited by Scotty_

20 hours ago, Scotty_ said:

A 7mm socket with extension will help by adjusting the stockers til you upgrade.

On my 16 I had my left a bit lower then the right after adjustment and it was perfect. they were aiming way too high from the factory unloaded.

I may have to adjust mine. Since I put in the 9011 bulbs I am constantly getting flashed by people thinking my high beams are on.  I know the high beams are not on as I have the auto dimming dimming feature and it definitely works.  Finally got an opportunity to use it on my trip to my brother's place in rural upstate New York. 

Doug

Now that things are calming down, I am going to get my hands on some HID bulbs and ballasts and try those in the factory projector housings. If that does not work well, I'll get a set of projectors to retrofit. 

Dave