Sign in to follow this  
donyo

Ben's Party

A great time was had by those of us there. A small gathering of NWBombers. Food was great and plentiful. Beer was flowing, and Bob V even did a bit of wrenching on his rig, a bomb party tradition. A few war stories and a lot of BS. For the most part the rain stayed away. A huge THANK YOU to Ben and Kim for a great time.

• Like 2

sorry I wasn't able to make it 

I had to work today but my mind may have been there a time or two. Sounds like it was a great time. It's always good to see everyone, but sometimes small gatherings can be quite nice as well. Nothing against large club cruises but for example, when it comes to a car club or truck club cruise, I think I prefer smaller groups.

I wasnt far away - sorry for not making it up there.  My aunt was in town from LA.  

Thanks to Ben & Kim for the great time.  Leslie & Ivan couldn't stay long but they enjoyed their time there as well.  Got to actually put a few faces to some of the names I did not know before.

It was great to see Ben and Kim and all who attended! 

Thank you for hosting this Ben, and Kim went way above and beyond getting everything just right. 

Boy did I get the 3rd degree from my dogs when I got home!!!! Which by the way only took a little over 5 hours thanks to our wonderful traffic and idiot drivers.............

• Like 1

Sounds like a great time. I wish that we could have made it... Hopefully the planets will align better later in the summer and I will be able to see you all at Hoss's place!

I am so very humbled by the folks that showed up to share the weekend with my Wife and I. Since are Daughter is no longer in school, often i forget about things like Graduation and such when scheduling. Seems like for a lot of us there is just so much going on each and every weekend that getting all of us together would be an impossibility. That being said I always very happy when I get to see any of you. It is bitter/sweet though, I am always very sad when you leave. Saying good bye to folks yesterday was hard. Seeing Dave and Wendy leave and saying good bye to Ivan and Liz before I ran out the door for work this morning was sad as well. With this group I feel very at home and comfortable. When these get togethers are over I am always telling myself I can not wait till the next one.

Kim and I are very happy to share our little piece of paradise with our friends. Thank you all for being there, we really appreciate the journey you had to take to get to our place.

I need a nap now.....

• Like 2

Also, i am ashamed to say that i didn't take one picture. I was to busy keeping the fire going.... and it was still burning this morning. LOL!

Sorry for bailing on ya.

Hunter was excited for us to come to his gradeschool graduation.  It was a good time.  

I had a fantastic time!  Great to meet everyone!  A huge thank you to Ben and Kim for the hospitality!  I hope I am home for the next one!

• Like 1

I hope to make the next one. Heading past your place on Wednesday with a load of plants for Canby Oregon. 

Too bad I have a 53 ft trailer dragging behind or I would stop on the way home ..

1 hour ago, marksmith said:

Sorry for bailing on ya.

Hunter was excited for us to come to his gradeschool graduation.  It was a good time.  

Like i said... family first... ALWAYS. Of course I am not sure Ivan is as forgiving as I am....😁

thank you Ben and Kim for putting up with us, and putting us up. we have a great time and was great bs'ing about the old days. you have a hard place to leave

• Like 2

5 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

Ben had a party?

I hope your not being serious.  It's only been posted in the upcoming events since March.

• Like 1

Had to work or else I would have made the run...

Glad everyone had fun!!

10 hours ago, carl20320 said:

I hope your not being serious.  It's only been posted in the upcoming events since March.

Guess I should have posted it on Facebook..🙄

On the bright side.... parking wasn't a problem. Could have spent a lot less on Porta-potties though....

• Like 1

I wouldn't have seen it on facespace, mybook, instawesternunionn or any of those other means.

Guess I should have posted it on Facebook..

On the bright side.... parking wasn't a problem. Could have spent a lot less on Porta-potties though....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, Torque Monkey said:

Also, i am ashamed to say that i didn't take one picture. I was to busy keeping the fire going.... and it was still burning this morning. LOL!

I think Liz took some pictures.  I'll post later if she did.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, Torque Monkey said:

Like i said... family first... ALWAYS. Of course I am not sure Ivan is as forgiving as I am....😁

Nope, definitly not.  The Smith family has just been relegated to third place on our favourite family friends list after the Harris family and the Sappington family.  They could drop lower if we get to know any more families.🤣

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, marksmith said:

Ouch. 

Indeed.