Woodenhead

Trying a couple new cleaning products

With the advice of a local detailer I’m trying these two products on the boat this weekend. Today I buffed it out using the 3in1 and I’m pretty happy with how it came out. There’s a lot of oils in it which seems to help keep it from drying out too fast, plus I think it’s good for this 31yr old fiberglass.

The Silverline is supposed to be mixed 3-5% with water. Then sprayed on and rinsed off. Detailer dude says wax is old technology now...we’ll see. He was part of the Air Force 1 detail crew so I’ll trust his judgement.

cd59d958d547a9a558934cd7cb463b38.jpg

34d89dfaf318f14439f32873351e0039.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious to see how well this holds up.  I have been using collinite on boats for years, but it seams like old hat with all of the fancy new products out.

assume the same product would work nicely on 'glass bonded walled trailers and fivers

Gary, In my searches most of these products I've searched say Marine/RV  I can't speak to this one though as it's new to me.

I'm thinking of ordering Jade Marine-Premium Ceramic Coating.  Be warned though, 100cc Bottle is $229.95.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

Be warned though, 100cc Bottle is $229.95.

🤨

3.3oz is 200+ large?

I'd just buy a new boat instead of waxing it...

$400 bucks for the mobile guy to come out and wax it for me...  250-300 if I take it in to them.  

I stopped at the detailer to see what he’d charge to buff mine...$1500 . It really wasn’t in too bad of shape already so I did it myself again. Took me a day but surely not as good as he’d do. He offered some good tips on these products which I had him order for me. The silverline is pretty high dollar but it’s a concentrate that you mix 3-5% with water and rinse off. I won’t put that on till Thursday when I hook on and pull it out of the shop to launch, looking forward to seeing the results of that.
Hard to get a good picture in the shop.

064118f68c60f898a9c11f00b7db4562.heic

282dca5c1fa43ed4ef937444815169a3.heic

1 hour ago, Big Russ said:

🤨

3.3oz is 200+ large?

I'd just buy a new boat instead of waxing it...

$400 bucks for the mobile guy to come out and wax it for me...  250-300 if I take it in to them.  

Yep, but keep in mind this isn't wax.  I currently wax my boat at the end of every weekend.  This is supposed to stop the requirement. 

It's more like a shield that a wax I think best describes it.  They tell you to have the surface as perfect as possible before making the application. 

Having it done professionally is very expensive as they want to do all the steps in the process.. So A detail, a Wax and any "special" efforts have to be done then the Ceramic Coating.

I would guess my boat would be between the 1000 and 1500 mark to have done.

I'm so glad I have a fishing boat!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WH - How big is that monster?

1 hour ago, Big Russ said:

WH - How big is that monster?

There's 28' of hull plus the anchor pulpit and swim deck comes out around 31' with a 10' beam.  It's a tight squeeze in my 30. slip :ph34r:.

My kids will outgrow the V berth in the not too distant future (and the wife will be done school and working...I hope) so it'll be time to find something bigger but still trailer-able.

Man...  It's height makes it look HUGE!

The rub rail towards the front of this boat is 6' up - yours looks huge in comparison.  I bet that 10 foot beam is nice.

rt.jpg

• Like 1

It’s 11’ to the top of the windshield, 13 to the top of the Bimini. I bring a ladder to the gas station. You are right about the 10’ beam, it makes a world of difference for space. Getting on a cabin cruiser with an 8.5’ or 9’ seems cramped now. Buying a permit and hanging banners to move it is a bit of a nuisance though.
The next boat may be an 11’ beam.

43effedd3a93c5cea4f2ea7808115329.heic

3eb67cf468b3ebe506edb78b9ab80bfa.heic

Single screw?? I can't tell by the pictures

Never mind, I see them now

A pair of thirsty 260hp 5.7 Mercs. I can’t really complain, they seem to run well with a bit over 900hrs on them. 

After getting used to two screws I fumble a bit docking a single engine boat now. 

Edited by Woodenhead

I've been to that Gas Station!   Looking good!

They opened a new station in Moses Lake with Ethanol Free so I've been going there since last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Paul Go said:

I've been to that Gas Station!   Looking good!

They opened a new station in Moses Lake with Ethanol Free so I've been going there since last year.

That's nice for you.  With all the fresh chip sealing done on the road between Moses and Ephrata I wouldn't want to drag a boat as nice as yours down there for a while.

Single 260hp 5.0 mpi with Bravo 3 on the Trophy...  I'd guesstimate at 14gph at cruise - I'll have to look at the fuel flow sometime when we're running, as it spends most of its life trolling on a 9.9 Pro-Kicker

It really needs an 8.2l  Top speed is 37mph and it takes a bit longer to get out of the water than I like.  No room for a big block though, fore and aft is tight

How do you apply the Silverline?  I put Zep floor wax on my last boat and it looked pretty good at 25 feet - that stuff lasted for years too.

Russ, Try "Pledge" Spray also....

2 hours ago, Big Russ said:

Single 260hp 5.0 mpi with Bravo 3 on the Trophy...  I'd guesstimate at 14gph at cruise - I'll have to look at the fuel flow sometime when we're running, as it spends most of its life trolling on a 9.9 Pro-Kicker

It really needs an 8.2l  Top speed is 37mph and it takes a bit longer to get out of the water than I like.  No room for a big block though, fore and aft is tight

How do you apply the Silverline?  I put Zep floor wax on my last boat and it looked pretty good at 25 feet - that stuff lasted for years too.

Mix 3-5% with water. Spray on (I’ll use a weed sprayer). Rinse off and dry. I’m skeptical but these folks do some really high end stuff and they use it so we’ll see. 

7 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

Russ, Try "Pledge" Spray also....

or "Kitchen Magic"

We used Pledge on aircraft windows :)

14 hours ago, Big Russ said:

Zep floor wax on my last boat and it looked pretty good at 25 feet - that stuff lasted for years too.

People say alot of trash about Zep products, but they use to have an awesome window cleaner that smelled like cherry's.

I still use some of there stuff to this day.

My shoulders are both worn out, I cant hand rub a boat anymore - small things like motorcycles are ok, but even my car is pushing it.  I have machine polished a boat but it's been years since I hand polished one.