Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:10 AM
I really have been dragging feet on this, the trans was out and on the bench last Friday. Pulled it apart and it was in really good shape inside. Got the parts ordered and they were delivered Saturday! I wasn't expecting that. Cleaned all of the hard parts and case on Sunday and worked on my Beetle for a bit. Gave it a bath and good vacuuming. I had a few things come up this week that needed attention so I did get back to the trans until today. Put new seals in the reverse drum and stacked the new steels and frictions and air checked good. Did the same with the high clutch drum and air checked good but was a little tight so it came back apart. I put the Piston in the small lathe and took .020 off of it and reassembled and got the clearance I wanted. Everything else went back together like it should until I got to the kick down solenoid wire, I put the case connector back in and 2 holding tabs broke off. Nothing available locally until Tuesday. So I decided to put the trans in and replace the connector when I get it. At least it will snap in and put the pan on and fill it up and it will be good to go. I have a couple of other projects to finish up this weekend and BBQ on Monday. I have Honda coming in Friday that will tie things up for about a week.