Super Turbine 300

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,365 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:25 AM

Anyone have any experience with this transmission? I've done my fair share of th350, th400, 727 and 904s so I don't think this will be any different.

#2 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,365 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:10 AM

I really have been dragging feet on this, the trans was out and on the bench last Friday. Pulled it apart and it was in really good shape inside. Got the parts ordered and they were delivered Saturday! I wasn't expecting that. Cleaned all of the hard parts and case on Sunday and worked on my Beetle for a bit. Gave it a bath and good vacuuming. I had a few things come up this week that needed attention so I did get back to the trans until today. Put new seals in the reverse drum and stacked the new steels and frictions and air checked good. Did the same with the high clutch drum and air checked good but was a little tight so it came back apart. I put the Piston in the small lathe and took .020 off of it and reassembled and got the clearance I wanted. Everything else went back together like it should until I got to the kick down solenoid wire, I put the case connector back in and 2 holding tabs broke off. Nothing available locally until Tuesday. So I decided to put the trans in and replace the connector when I get it. At least it will snap in and put the pan on and fill it up and it will be good to go. I have a couple of other projects to finish up this weekend and BBQ on Monday. I have Honda coming in Friday that will tie things up for about a week.

#3 Packards42

Packards42

Retirement looking pretty easy, just setting prioities.

• Members
  • 17,881 posts
  • Interests:Retirement, antique cars, and trucks.

Posted Yesterday, 01:42 PM

Sound good.   When can teach how to change the gear in my front axle from 354 to 4.10's

I have complete 4.10 rear end out of 2002 to put in the truck,,

#4 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,365 posts

Posted Today, 01:00 AM

Screw the connector! I put the old one in with some gray silicone, put the pan on and filled it up...and it shifts so nice. Took it for a drive and I can be happier. There's something about driving a nice convertible on a sunny day. My dog sure liked it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users